X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • larted
    • Mar 2009

speedbag
    Thanks for the info. I am studying all that I can at this time. BTW I live in Charleston SC. I lived in Rockport Texas for a while. The Texas people are the best.

Hannibal
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am positive.

metaldad
    You are a great guy. I hope you can get the treatment you need. Try to find the best doctor you can.

Larry

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by larted View Post
      speedbag
      Thanks for the info. I am studying all that I can at this time. BTW I live in Charleston SC. I lived in Rockport Texas for a while. The Texas people are the best.

Larry
      Very sorry to hear of your news. I wish you the best. Try to stay positive! Things like this help put things in perspective, that's for sure. We'll all send you positive vibes from Keyport.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers. I found out that I have prostate cancer three weeks ago. I have had additional testing and am trying to choose the best type of surgery. I am positive at this point.
        Larry
        Sorry to hear about the the recent diagnosis, Larry. Cancer is the one malady that I always have to watch out for... no heart or diabetes issues, though... hmm, maybe a recessive "crazy" gene...

Keeping up on the latest breakthroughs in cancer research can help to keep one positive. And staying positive is a really good thing. - Dee
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers. I found out that I have prostate cancer three weeks ago. I have had additional testing and am trying to choose the best type of surgery. I am positive at this point.
          Larry
          So sorry to hear this Larry...stay positive and get educated...it's very treatable. My dad went throught it two years ago and his best course was external radiation treatment. Thank God, he's now cancer free for over a year. It was no walk in the park, but it works. Originally he was going to get the 'seeds' but attempts to shrink his prostrate in order to plant the seeds properly failed and we needed to take action. The steroids they gave him also reeked havoc with his body and attitude.

We also heard really good things about this new treatment method (in Canada)...might be worth looking into: http://www.hifu.ca/qualify/b2.php?c1...FQQbKgodmCCZLg

I'll be sending positive thoughts & prayers your way.
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            So sorry to hear this Larry...stay positive and get educated...it's very treatable. My dad went throught it two years ago and his best course was external radiation treatment. Thank God, he's now cancer free for over a year. It was no walk in the park, but it works. Originally he was going to get the 'seeds' but attempts to shrink his prostrate in order to plant the seeds properly failed and we needed to take action. The steroids they gave him also reeked havoc with his body and attitude.

We also heard really good things about this new treatment method (in Canada)...might be worth looking into: http://www.hifu.ca/qualify/b2.php?c1...FQQbKgodmCCZLg

I'll be sending positive thoughts & prayers your way.
            High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) procedure

Clinical Trials, HIFU

Just a few links about HIFU.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• larted
              • Mar 2009

Thanks Zaza, Tim and speedbag. I feel that I highjacked Metaldad's thread. This is the best forum. Everyone is great.
              Larry

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

I feel that I highjacked Metaldad's thread. This is the best forum. Everyone is great.
                Larry
                No you didn't. Get treatment and take care Larry, we're all praying for you. Oh and BAG ON!!(If anything was hijacked, it would be that saying that I lifted from Tichy!lol)
                Last edited by metaldad; 06-13-2011, 11:16 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• speedbag4life
                  • Jun 2007

I'm sorry to hear what's going on for both of you. It's good to hear you're both in good spirits though. It really helps.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2010

My prayer's are with you

Larry
                    Larry, you can be sure that I will keep you in my thoughts an prayer's for you to beat this!
                    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...