Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Fitness

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Fitness General fitness not related to the speed bag

Old 12-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

MANIMAL is on a distinguished road
I teach cardio kickboxing where i'm from and it is one of the best/fun ways to increase cardiovascular endurance and shed body fat.

The amount of calories burned depends on the variables of each individual (age/weight/gender/etc. as well as where the heart rate is throughout the workout), but it is absolutely one great way to burn a lot of calories and tone up various muscles on the body.

I also teach my classes with gloves/pads as the amount of force required for the strike increases with resistance, thus leading to more calories being burned
Old 12-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Speed Bag Guru

rehamco1 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIMAL View Post
I teach cardio kickboxing where i'm from and it is one of the best/fun ways to increase cardiovascular endurance and shed body fat.

The amount of calories burned depends on the variables of each individual (age/weight/gender/etc. as well as where the heart rate is throughout the workout), but it is absolutely one great way to burn a lot of calories and tone up various muscles on the body.

I also teach my classes with gloves/pads as the amount of force required for the strike increases with resistance, thus leading to more calories being burned
Are you going to learn speed bagging as another way to burn calories? What size bag were you thinking of starting with? with your training you should go far with the speed bag. Have you ever heard of a kick boxer using a speed bag for a practice session. Our local YMCA told me that is what they are using. just wondered.