• Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Counting rebounds?

Speed Bag Counter:

Here is a story

Sporting Goods Manufacture Assoc "Supershow", 2001. FitnessQuest was introducing a new floor freestanding speed bag punching stand (with two vertical stand supports) and the unique feature was a digital counting meter, designed by King-I Meter Co.. This company makes many of the digital meters for all kinds of sports equipment. They saw me doing speed bag demonstrations at my booth, and asked me to test their meter. It had sensors imbedded in the board, and counted the rebounds of an attached bag. But it was a large bag, and I asked to attach MY bags, a smaller 9x6 and then a much smaller 8x5.

Bad idea. The counter froze. It worked fine with medium speed basic rhythm, but kick it up to full speed, or linking front to back, or fast front Fist Rolling, and the counter "locked" or errored out. Even fast Reverse Single Punching (RSP) defeated the counter and made it error out. I tried it several time for them over three days, and it never held up. To bad, because the stand itself was really solid, but the idea was a punching fitness counting program.

This product never went to production.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is another:

The producer of the TV show, Guinness World Records Primetime TV contact me once about a "fastest speed bag punching" record, and how it could be established. Counting rebounds was a method that interested them. I told them about the above episode, and that to my knowledge there was NO reliable digital counter available. After an email exchange and phone call, I sent them a demo tape concerning how this might work, and the possible problems with the many variations concerning bag size, air pressure, swivel types, hitting styles etc. The variations must have scared them off, because they dropped the idea.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...