• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skiptomylue
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2007

Double end Bag

I am looking to purchase a DE bag. Im looking at under 60dollars. Im looking at the ones that come with every thing you need to set it up. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Ya, a big one is easier at first, and once you have it set up properly and get comfortable with it, it's quite easy to change it out for a smaller one.

Here is how I installed mine:
    1. After deciding where I wanted it I mounted the top bracket first. I tied a nail to a 10 foot piece of fishing line and looped it through the top bracket. I let this hang creating a plumb line so it helped indicate where the bottom bracket should go. I found this easier than trying to measure over from the wall.
    2. I mounted the bottom bracket directly into the concrete floor in my garage. I used a ceramic drill bit to drill the holes; easy money.
    3. I placed plastic anchors in the holes and used the screws that came with the bag. This created the perfect amount of tension.

Here are some pics of my installation:

Setting up the bag:
    1. You can use bungee for the bottom rope, and a rigid rope on top OR bungees on both.
    2. The ideal position for the bag is between your shoulders and the top of your head; you shouldn't necessarily center the bag between the ceiling and floor.
    3. The most important thing about setting up the double end bag is making sure the bungees are loose enough.

Here is a great video to get you started:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I have the Title 9" DE bag (black)
    Last edited by BillyMack; 04-27-2007, 08:01 PM. Reason: oh yeah

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Double End Bag

Originally posted by skiptomylue View Post
      I am looking to purchase a DE bag. Im looking at under 60dollars. Im looking at the ones that come with every thing you need to set it up. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You can also put a "rock" on the bottom to hold it steady. Here is a picture of a small DEB home gym setup. (* note the nice speed bag setup in the distance right side)

Here is a different view of the same bag.

these pictures are from the home gym of Multiple Martial Arts Master Andrew Reese
      Last edited by Speedbag; 04-28-2007, 03:11 AM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2007

make it easier than that - and works just as well as the other two above -
        use a 25lbs weight on the floor side... the bracket the comes with the bag goes under the wieght, the bungee cord goes thru the hole in the center of the weight - much like the "rock" mentioned above....

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
          • May 2007

sway bag

Great advice submitted. I see how this site is like a brotherhood in helping each other instead of hating and being negative like some other sites that I have visited. But I digress. Here's my tips, I hope they're of use to you. First off, the bigger the bag, the slower the response time like a speedbag. It's not a bad idea to start off with your basic "9x7" bag, which I beleive is the standard biggest size. Next is the cables. I have mine setup with two rubber cables that were included with my bag. You want to set up your bag so it's eye level when you're in your stance. Remember that the speed of your bag is controlled by the tightness of the cables, so you might want to leave enough slack to "time" it initially. As your timing and speed improve you can adjust the speed of your bag by simply putting knots on your cables until it reaches desired results. My last tip is one I learned from John Brown, the founder of Ringside, where I get my equipment. Basically the bag will be difficult to work initially and the best way to controll it is to make a "claw" with your hands and strike it with your fingertips for better control. I've included my video, hope it helps.
          (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XXLHjZXB0)
          p.s. the whole setup was under 40 dollars.
          Last edited by hispanicmakingpanic; 05-08-2007, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
            I see how this site is like a brotherhood in helping each other instead of hating and being negative like some other sites that I have visited
            Yep, in fact it's the #1 rule: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=185

We're trying to make this web site the best forum on the internet

Comment

• jaguiler
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2007

very cool video Hispanic..... the man in the mask is a mysterious double end bag puncher... and he does a good job too..... what kind of gloves does mystery mask de bag puncher wear ?
              I got some tips from your write up and hitting....very nice !

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                • May 2007

gloves

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                very cool video Hispanic..... the man in the mask is a mysterious double end bag puncher... and he does a good job too..... what kind of gloves does mystery mask de bag puncher wear ?
                I got some tips from your write up and hitting....very nice !
                Thank you sir. The gloves the luchador is wearing are century 4 oz. MMA gloves I do believe. Usually I try to use 16 oz. bag gloves on my sway bag, but this video was shot on impulse. I was waiting on the Floyd vs. Oscar fight to come on and was giddy with anticipation, so I donned the luchador mask and made this vid to commemorate the 5th of may.

Comment

• Kyle
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2006

this vid may help ya out to:
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

________
                  CoquetteGinger cam
                  Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006

Hey guys, thanks for all the tips. I have DE bag but I haven't really used it that much lately. Unfortunately I'm out of town on business and youtube is blocked from my work laptop so I can't view them.

I'll definitely be viewing them this weekend when I get home.

Hey welcome to the forum Hispanicmakingpanic! It's good to see your enthusiasm!

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                      • May 2007

Mr. Chris

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                      Hey guys, thanks for all the tips. I have DE bag but I haven't really used it that much lately. Unfortunately I'm out of town on business and youtube is blocked from my work laptop so I can't view them.

I'll definitely be viewing them this weekend when I get home.

Hey welcome to the forum Hispanicmakingpanic! It's good to see your enthusiasm!
                      Thank you for your hospitality.

Comment

• jaguiler
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2007

I think Tim had mentioned baout making a DE bag section on these forums.... how about it ?

We can also combine heavy bag and slip bags as well..... into one "Other Boxing Bags" forum.....
                        there is lots of info on the web on all these - but it is best if we could maintain an index here for them....

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                          • May 2007

DE bag

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                          I think Tim had mentioned baout making a DE bag section on these forums.... how about it ?

We can also combine heavy bag and slip bags as well..... into one "Other Boxing Bags" forum.....
                          there is lots of info on the web on all these - but it is best if we could maintain an index here for them....
                          Great idea. I was already wondering about the other bags, and it can only help develop a broader skill set.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Several years ago, one of the boxing compaines asked me if I could do a training video on the "other bags", Sort of an ALL BAG BIBLE.

I thought about it but thought it would be a little dis-ingenuous. I had never really used the DEB a lot, Mitts even less, never used the Slip Bag, and not really impressive on the Heavybag. I can use them alright, but can't really say watching me on any of these would give instant credibility. No one has ever come over to me in a gym and said "Wow, could you teach me how you hit the heavybag".

I decided to stick with what I know, and leave those bags to others more qualified. During the last year I've been playing a lot more with the "reflex bag" and find it very similiar to the speed bag.
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Mar 2006

I agree it would be nice to have a section for other bags, even though you can't really do any flashy tricks on any of the others. You can't really develop a skill set on those bags that will make people in the gym stop and stare. That being said, I would welcome a new section for "all other bags" because I use my heavy bags a lot and like I said earlier, I do have a DE bag that I use infrequently.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...