X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cem326
    • Mar 2013

$20 speed bags?

Anyone ever heard of this site? It looks like they are selling relabeled Ringside and Lazer bags for $20. If they are not the same bags they sure look close.

• Marlon
    • Apr 2013

I don't know about Ringside bags, but that is definitely not a Balazs Lazer bag shown there. The Lazer bags have no laces. They go for about $84.00 too, so I'd be nervous about this one. I'm a big believer in "You get what you pay for" and if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Ringside offers a black speed bag for $19.99,

and it has good reviews so I would lean that way over a brand I never heard of.

Comment

• Cem326
      • Mar 2013

I agree completely. Wasn't planning on buying one. Just curious if anyone had ran across them before. Who knows maybe there great!

I know sometimes the same factory makes differing or cheapened versions of the same product for other customers. A friend worked in a pie factory that made pies that looked almost identical for a half dozen manufactures. They were however not equal. They would fill some of them with less amounts of inexpensive filling.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Cem326 View Post
        Anyone ever heard of this site? It looks like they are selling relabeled Ringside and Lazer bags for $20. If they are not the same bags they sure look close.

http://www.physicalsuccess.com/Shop-read-320.html
        Yes, that site is owned by George Albergo a long time friend and customer of mine since waaay back in the 90's. HA! I see he still has a "vhs" videotape listing on his site, which is probably left over since 2002 or so. We both know that free youtube video's have pretty much killed sales of "how to" products.

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
        I don't know about Ringside bags, but that is definitely not a Balazs Lazer bag shown there. The Lazer bags have no laces. They go for about $84.00 too, so I'd be nervous about this one. I'm a big believer in "You get what you pay for" and if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Ringside offers a black speed bag for $19.99,

and it has good reviews so I would lean that way over a brand I never heard of.
        I called george today on the phone about his bags and he is sending me a couple to try. He recently got these in from overseas. I noticed in an email stream with him last year he was developing a line of bags but hadn't worked out the details yet at that time. He wanted the short bag loop like the everlast 4200 but they turned out a bit thick on his bags which he knows is problematic for older style swivels.

I guess I need to call him more often to keep up with whats up.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 04-23-2013, 01:40 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

I like the shape of them. If they don't have the black inner tube truck tire like bladder they may be pretty decent. But even if they do, bladder replacements are cheap and easy.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
            I like the shape of them. If they don't have the black inner tube truck tire like bladder they may be pretty decent. But even if they do, bladder replacements are cheap and easy.

fedora
            He is a bit skeptical of the bladders, due to weight. He said that there is a variety of "bladder weights" depending on materials. We'll just punch one up shortly and see how it works.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• juxt
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

ya, i got that bag 5x8. me and G tested it. its a nice bag, only complaint is that it was a little lopsided.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                i like the short loop and the shape looks good, maybe could have been more teardrop like the 4200, i wonder if you can get the two other sizes in that multi color too...
                I'd hold off on the multicolor. He said they are having reports of the leather cracking. We all know that some bags just seem to have that issue, not that it effects immediate bag performance, but it does effect the overall life of the bag if it's used a lot. I suspect it has to do with the dyes used for the coloring.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

the Physical Success Bags arrived and here are a few pictures of the 8x5 model. Notice some seam, bag attachment loop and bottom shape differences. These bag do NOT appear to be related. at least too me.

the PS model is a bit larger than the Balazs lazer but the leather and feel is similiar. Initial feel on the hooks is very similiar, a bit heavy but a good bounce off the board. I haven't had a lot of punching time on it.

I also got the multi colored bag 9x6 but haven't worked with it yet.

[my Lazer appeas to have picked up a bit of a warp around the belly, (kinda like me )
                  Attached Files
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Brice
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2013

hmm they looks cheap because when I visit my local store and see the price tag that was about 50 to $70. I don't know about the quality of them but they are looking too strong. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

...i'm not sold on the lazer, maybe they should have a bladder in them. that title looks famillar with the orange bladder in it ;-)
                      A parent will always recognize their children, eh?

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

...yes and he was so hell bent on going to bible boot camp. i asked him if he could handle it and he said i think i can, well the rest is history...
                        Yeah, Bible camp, saving the souls of speed bags one punch at a time. The yellow is doing fine.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...