Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

vintage Everlast swivel

Nice old swivel.

Dutch, what year, what year?

• Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

They used that style packaging from sometime in the early to mid 1970's up until they went to display card packaging. I'd say that this example dates from at least the mid 1970's quite possibly up into the early 1980's. Note how substantial the ball socket is . It would take a long time to wear that down to the point of failure.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      He sure is charging a lot for shipping.
      Which may discourage much bidding.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Some people do that because unless things have changed, eBay doesn't get a cut from what sellers charge for "shipping and handling".

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

The swivel can be mounted and used? Or just keep it a as an item on the shelf--- collection item?
          Last edited by REB; 01-28-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

User.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

This will be an interesting auction to watch. Lots of bids already. Is it the box? Its a swivel.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2017

Nice looking swivel though. Would it be considered an antique? Or just old/ new

I received my first speed bag platform today. I have a SwivelTEK LTX coming in on Monday. With the platform and the Swivel Tek, I hope to have years of problem free baggin'

Comment

• REB
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  ...The Swivel can be used, The trick to getting these metal Swivels to last a long time is to avoid metal to metal contact at the edge of the hole opening and the eyebolt shaft, By wrapping some kind of tape around the eyebolt shaft, and using lube at every moving point, Use an extremely light amount of lube at the ball so it doesn't gum up and lube the S-hook and eyebolt contact, you don't have to be light on the lube at that point, then replace whenever things wear down, (retape, and relube)...Ralph
                  Thank you Ralph... I will commit your tips to memory to use for the Swivel tek in it's lifetime of service.

Rick

PS.. I am thinking of trying out heat shrink tubing on the eyebolt. Apply the heat shrink and then trim out the area for the hook
                  Last edited by REB; 01-28-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

Search for other posts on the Swiveltek. I don't think the manufacturer recommends lubricant. The swiveltek has a delrin ring and works better dry. Ventanakaz's comments are for the old metal swivels like in this auction.
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                      Search for other posts on the Swiveltek. I don't think the manufacturer recommends lubricant. The swiveltek has a delrin ring and works better dry. Ventanakaz's comments are for the old metal swivels like in this auction.
                      Yes, I read about the Tek having self lubrication with the Delrin. I won't touch that. I have read much about how to protect the metal on metal with the eye bolt and the swivel's housing. Knowing to protect them from one another is a good upfront tip... The Forum has given me much to focus on

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...