• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Bladder replacement trouble

I have an EverLast, 4214 with a slow leak bladder. After I exposed the bladder down to the inflation valve where the bladder is seated, the cup of the valve is not leather but rubber. Trying to separate the bladder from the valve ( to install a new bladder) is a no go. Any workable suggestions for a rookie? Thanks

I did watch ZaZa Youtube vid as well. His bag had the leather cup. Looked to be very easy to separate
    Last edited by REB; 02-18-2017, 07:51 PM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Is it a rubber bladder or a plastic one? The latter will be red in color, and has a snap in valve, not cemented in like the rubber ones. The valve is part of the bladder. If it is a snap in valve you just grasp around the ring that the valve is mounted in and pull. It should come out with a little bit of effort. If it is cemented in, you do essentially the same thing, just that it may take a little more persuasion to get it out.

Comment

• REB
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2017

The bladder is rubber. I removed the whole bladder. It came out with the needle insert valve still attached. So I pumped just the bladder up and put it under water...no air bubbles...wtf? So maybe it loses air through the valve when hit? I read a post about that anomaly somewhere on here. I ordered a new bladder from EverLast to see what apparently, is a different design of bladder from the ZaZa vid. I dunno

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

The current Everlast replacement bladders are orange rubber with the snap in valve. The ones that I've used have given good service, the valves not giving me any problems. However, failure of the valve is not at all uncommon. It's not unusual for a bag to bleed down over the course of a week or two. The annoying ones are the ones that have to be more or less fully pumped up every day.
        The chief problem in the US is that few if any retail sporting goods stores carry them. They prefer to sell you a new bag instead, although there are some online outlets that do carry Everlast replacement bladders.

The Title and Cleto Reyes bladders are the kind that require the use of rubber cement to hold them in place.
        Last edited by Dutchman; 02-19-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Thank you Dutch for the good advice. I have yet to move to a Reyes bag. My skill level at this point does not warrant the cos t. But, one day for sure. I do have a Title bag. The Big Blue, as it has been named on the forum. I think my next purchase will be a 6x9 Title. I also am presently using a Title 7x10. A loaner from a friend of mine. I am still on a learning curve with Speed Bagging but it is all good stuff..

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            The Title and Cleto Reyes bladders are the kind that require the use of rubber cement to hold them in place.
            I have installed about 8 orange Title/Enkay bladders without rubber cement. None have moved and my install process was quick and easy.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

I was given an old EverLast 4214 form a friend that runs a boxing gym. It had a bad bladder in it. Today I received the new bladder for it. No rubber cement required. Easy install too. I did not know the needle port valve that extends outside the bag, had a little pull tab on it to assist in pulling the valve through the port hole from the inside.After the valve is pulled thru.. trim off the little tab. I was ignorant- now I am learned...

I know it sounds a little silly but it is a big step for me to finally know how a bladder should go in....lol
              Last edited by REB; 02-23-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

I think the exact method can vary and may depend on the particular bladder you are installing. What new bladder did you use?
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2017

The Bladder is an EverLast. (for lack of the proper term), the bladder has a fancy slashed up E logo under the name EverLast. I have seen this E on an Everlast speed bag named the Elite. The bladder I have is the model 4232. You can also get this Bladder from a web site named Pacillo's Fitness Gear. I have a Title bag...So I might as well get a Title bladder to have on hand for it and to see how it is made.

BTW, EverLast has 3 model bladders:

4230 for speed bag #4200
                  4232 for 6 different speed bag models-4201 4202 4208 4210 4213 4214
                  4234 for the 4220 double end bag
                  Last edited by REB; 02-23-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    I have tried most of the named brand bladders and yes the Everlast is convenient with the pull through nipple, and the Title is a pain because of their non pull through short nipple but over time the Title bladders hold up better (hold air)

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk
                    Good to know. Thanks for the info

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                      I have installed about 8 orange Title/Enkay bladders without rubber cement. None have moved and my install process was quick and easy.

-Rusty
                      FYI... they only really move/disappear inside the bag if it becomes completely deflated or if you deflate it for storage.

Otherwise, you don't have to use the rubber cement.

-Zaza
                      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...