• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    OK, let me try to one up you on the anti-noise hack. A simple rubber band around the eye bolt shaft. Simple, cheap, and if it breaks I got a bag full of them. On my first test, it completely eliminates the bolt noise and leaves the sweet swivel and leather sounds. I am not seeing any drop in performance or rebound yet, but too early to tell for sure.

Actually...I'll one-up your one-up...try using a neoprene washer stretched over the eye bolt. It will last a LONG time. I use them on my older everlast swivels...works great!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

That sounds like a great fix. Can you post a pic? On this LTX swivel, the eyebolt stem is very short, and the part that contacts the house is the round eye.

-Rusty
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Zaza, I'd still like to see a pic of the neoprene washer around the eye bolt. But in the meantime, I'd like to share another 50 cent hack that I think improves the ball hook swivel experience. I added a couple of simple vinyl caps on the hook. Unlike a zip-tie, quick and easy to remove and replace. And the bag has not budged the caps, much less flown off the hook since.

-Rusty
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Sorry... been busy...and I don't have that swivel on any of my boards. It's just a neoprene washer, I got them here:
          McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

3/8" 0.355" 0.812" 0.110"-0.140" Black 50 90133A420
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speed_Demon
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jul 2012

Hi Rusty,

John here, maker of the SwivelTek.

The black cap that came with it is supposed to be used.

It will do exactly what your rubber band will do - it will prevent the eye hook from hitting the side of the swivel housing. It's made out of a special polyurethane rubber so it will last a very long time, and you won't need to have a rubber band on your swivel!

Not that it wasn't a good looking rubber band or anything...

By the way, I love that rubber cap! Great way to keep a bag on.

Happy bagging,

John
            http://www.speedbagdisplay.com

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

Wow, that was unexpected. I hope I still have that black disk/cap around and didn't throw it out. I'll report back if I find it and re-install it.

And also, thank you John! The SwivelTek kicks major arse.

-Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speed_Demon View Post
                Hi Rusty,

It will do exactly what your rubber band will do - it will prevent the eye hook from hitting the side of the swivel housing. It's made out of a special polyurethane rubber so it will last a very long time, and you won't need to have a rubber band on your swivel!

Happy bagging,

John
                Gotta really love this guy!
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaja6009
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2016

Reviving an old thread here. I just got a Swiveltek swivel from Amazon. I don't know if I got a bad one. It is very slow and I get very little rebounds compared to the Everlast U bolt that came with my Everlast adjustable. With the same punch that would get me 7 rebounds on the Everlast swivel I get a very weak 5 rebounds on this one. I really have to hit my 5X9 bag hard compared to before? Is this normal? I am not using the puck/disk, so could this be the problem? I can post a video if it helps to see.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

I don't think that is normal. If anything, this swivel improved my rebounds. Sure, post a vid. And maybe a close up photo of the installed swivel.
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2016

Yeah I ran back to back tests on my new Swiveltek and the swivel that came with my Everlast adjustable platform. The Swiveltek is somewhat slower. But I don't think that is a bad thing. It actually made me slow down and try to make my moves more crisp. I am trying to be too fast for my skill level.

Note: I lost the black disk that keeps the eye hook from hitting the sides. The owner of the Speed Shack is getting me a new one for free! Talk about great customer service! I somehow lost the disk in my trip to the hardware store and back. I needed new hardware since I drilled new holes for the Swiveltek all the way through to the top. Anyone on the fence about the Swiveltek, the customer service alone makes this a great product. Speed Shack thanks again!

Comment

• jaja6009
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Dec 2016

For any one wanting to lube this swivel Superlube makes a great synthetic grease that is rated Excellent compatability wise for the Delrin bushing in it. I was getting some bad swings from the ball not moving smoothly and after a light amount of Superlube grease it is back to being smooth, fast and straight.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          ...If you bag stays inflated for over four hours, take it to a sporting goods store.

LOL @ Alan
                          If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
                          So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speed_Demon View Post
                            Hi Rusty,

Happy bagging,

John
                            John, I am not happy with how my Swiveltek LTX is wearing. After only 4 months the plating on the ball is pitting and peeling and the ball stops swiveling long before the bag stops its pendulum swing. It is installed in a humidity controlled basement. I have used no oils or lubricants on it. Is it warrantied? Can I get a replacement?

-Rusty
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2017

I agree. So I replaced the SwivelTek with this homemade version. ( Not my idea btw) It is smoother, way faster and quiet. The cost of the parts is about $25. Very slick Swivel. I mounted this swivel with 1/4 x 1 inch lag screws. Very tight and secure fit

Last edited by REB; 02-22-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                                If you really want to hear JUST the bag... use an eyehook and a piece of rope...nothing but bag!
                                Nice one
                                If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
                                So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...