Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nah
    • Jul 2013

I have 5x8 and the leather seems to be thick but, soft type. Rebound is sort of slower side. Other than that it's all good ^!^

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

Just got my Genuine Title bag in 5x9 and it looks great, feels great, but it is SLOW! The fastest bags I have are the Everlast Elite bags in 5x9 and 7x10.

The Title Genuine leather bag is gonna need a bladder change. I tried different pressures but the bag is a lot slower than my cheap Everlast bags.

But the looks and feel do make up a lot for it's speed though.

I have 3 of the Title replacement bladders so I might try one in it. But I was thinking since these Everlast bags fly, I might try an Everlast bladder in it.

Comment

• jaja6009
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2016

I put in a Title replacement bladder and the bag is pretty responsive now. It's actually becoming one of my favorite bags. My biggest problem now with it it the plastic title emblem on it. If you mishit it and hit that emblem at speed it can cut you. But then again my hands should not hit that high, so it helps to teach that lesson.

Overall I love the look and feel of the leather on the 5x9 bag.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          ...I bought the M size 7x10
          I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the pro mex Victoria. The price for that one is up to $50 and the sale on the genuine is over.

Also, I tried to return mine. Their website says "Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed." Well, I was not satisfied but they refused the return because I punched the bag. How the hell am I supposed to be satisfied with a product before trying it? And how is that in ANY way a damn guarantee?

FU Title. And the countries you buy your products from.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

JHC, this is on the Victoria web page in big red letters: "Authentic Mexican-Style Quality, Craftsmanship and Detail"

authentic style huh? sorry, but you are not going to get Mexican quality, craftsmanship and detail from china. Probably not much style either.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Allentown
              • Oct 2010

How do these Pro-Mex bags move. Are they fast? I am still using my Ringside NOS bag a lot.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

Obviously you hit too hard.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  .. I don't know why everyone liked those ringside NOS bags that the other member sold that had the same name as me (Ralph) yes those bags hit good but I bought the whole set from him and they only lasted about two weeks, the seams started splitting and the bags couldn't hold their shape, Those bags sucked and was a waste of my money, the reason Ringside stopped making those bags because they wouldn't hold up, The lining in those bags was crapp.
                  I could venture a reason why this member like them because the ones I had hit great. Maybe I was lucky enough to get a few of the earlier production models but I had one of their 8x5's that became my favorite bag, ever.
                  During my "hard punching" days, hitting hours every week - I punched it to death, literally - but it took about 5 years. In the video below you may see a slight bubble over the belly area, which eventually grew to large enough to warp it and the seam ripped. Broke my heart as it was an amazing bag. I never needed to get more bags, as the few I had lasted many years. I hated they changed from this shape to the more "banana" solid red bags. The ones you have that performed badly might be from later production runs made from who knows where.... But the ones I had were awesome.

I have ordered a few from Ralph, but never needed to use them as I have "a few" bags laying around that I really like.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

The bags that Alan used filming the bible videos were the original generation Ringside ones from the mid 1980's. I have two of them, a 6x9 and the rare "jumbo" bag that disappeared from the catalog offerings within a year of it's introduction. Both quality work, after thirty years of fairly steady (but not heavy) use they show little wear. They were replaced in the catalog with the all red banana bags, I didn't purchase any of those.

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

I would say so, workmanship is on the money, no county of origin tags on either of the bags that I have, at least not visible from the outside.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

Can you guys post a pic or link for those original generation Ringside bags you are talking about?
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...