• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookingissues
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2015

Help with an Everlast 4216

Howdy,
    I'm totally new to speed bags. I picked up an old Everlast 4216 Speed Bag with a swivel and a metal rebound ring but the bladder leaks. I called Everlast but they couldn't tell me anything about it. Can anyone tell my what sized bladder I should get? Also, does anyone know if if the 4216's were good bags? My Googling came up blank (except that Bruce Lee owned a 4216). Thanks in advance!
    Best,
    Dave
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Hang tight... I'm sure Alan will chime in on this one. (I don't think there's a bag he hasn't punched!)

Alan? Dutchman?
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• BaggerBob
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by cookingissues View Post
      Howdy,
      I'm totally new to speed bags. I picked up an old Everlast 4216 Speed Bag with a swivel and a metal rebound ring but the bladder leaks. I called Everlast but they couldn't tell me anything about it. Can anyone tell my what sized bladder I should get? Also, does anyone know if if the 4216's were good bags? My Googling came up blank (except that Bruce Lee owned a 4216). Thanks in advance!
      Best,
      Dave
      I'm pretty sure your bag is a 7 x 10. You will need a title 6 x 9 bladder.
      Make sure the air nipple is on the bottom of your bag.

Someone here will direct you to the video on how to replace it.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

The 4216 is the bag that Everlast put in their striking bag sets that they sold to mass retailers and sporting goods chains. It's pretty much at the bottom of the line, especially towards the end of production. It was replaced (briefly thank gawd) by the infamous red Plasticon version (4217 I believe). Both are to be avoided if you are contemplating getting serious with bagging.

Comment

• cookingissues
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2015

Thanks Folks! I'll get the 6x9 bladder per BaggerBob and hang it at an appropriate height for my son while I look into getting a better bag per Alan's suggestion for myself.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by cookingissues View Post
            Thanks Folks! I'll get the 6x9 bladder per BaggerBob and hang it at an appropriate height for my son while I look into getting a better bag per Alan's suggestion for myself.
            That's a good idea.

I'd suggest getting the RED Title 9x6 and/or Yellow 8x5 They're good bags for the price and the leather is easy on the hands. I'm told they both get "livelier" if you put a new yellow bladder in them. Me personally I hate changing bladders and especially on a new bag with no problems. But....some great baggers I trust say it really makes the them faster.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 08-05-2015, 12:01 AM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...