• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

A Cure for Insomnia | "Shiny on the Inside" by Leona Naess

. . .

Friday the 13th.

I didn't notice this last night... not until I was uploading the video this morning on YT and saw the date on my laptop.

So, I guess punch-drumming to this song was appropriate since it is from an album (appropriately) named "THIRTEENS." Boy, if I were superstitious, I'd say, "hmmm, that's eerily coincidental..."

But, I digress. This video is ideal for lulling you to sleep. The song is low-key, repetitive, and the singer's voice seems to have a calming affect... I'm drawn to these melodies, for some reason.

Anyway, hope it puts you to sleep!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

I like this tune, it sort of just chugs along peacefully.

Songs that have a lot of "Space" are nice, they leave you room to play along with. Or in this case, bag along with.

good baggin' vid, with a cool song D.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

I love it, downloaded it, it's a beautiful thing. I will buy the song, too.

Thanks for the 720p !

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
        I like this tune, it sort of just chugs along peacefully.

Songs that have a lot of "Space" are nice, they leave you room to play along with. Or in this case, bag along with.

good baggin' vid, with a cool song D.
        Yes, the simplicity of this tune is very inviting to me. I posted this vid on my Facebook page and was surprised to find that most of my relatives know and like Leona Naess. I feel so out of touch.

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        I love it, downloaded it, it's a beautiful thing. I will buy the song, too.

Thanks for the 720p !
        So glad you liked it, Jim. And, I'll do my best to continue uploading in 720 p.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Jake
          • Mar 2011

Cool video MsDeville!

That's a real solid drum you have.

I really like the FS 5x8. My only complaint is the plastic patch on the bag. Do you know if this serves any purpose? Is it used for balance or something? All it ever does for me is open up a cut on one of my knuckles. The patch is like a scab I want to peel off. I almost took a razor and cut the threads, but I didn't want to take a chance.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos!

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            I really like the FS 5x8. My only complaint is the plastic patch on the bag. Do you know if this serves any purpose? Is it used for balance or something? All it ever does for me is open up a cut on one of my knuckles. The patch is like a scab I want to peel off. I almost took a razor and cut the threads, but I didn't want to take a chance.
            I take labels off bags if they interfere. The FS label came off by tearing the soft plastic into pieces and pulling the remaining shreds away from the threads. I left the threads in place this time, but if I recall I've removed threads from other bags. You can see the result in this photo:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by paranday; 01-15-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Cool video MsDeville!

That's a real solid drum you have.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos!
              Thanks for the nice comments, Jake. I prefer my steel platform that's on the outside of the garage, but, it's a little warmer in the garage right now. The concrete is indeed solid, but it somehow lacks the rebound that I get on the steel one...

Paranday beat me to it, but here's a shot of my FS bag, showing the decal-type emblem on one side – no problem with it. There was a cheap (vinyl?) label on the back side that I carefully removed when I first bought the bag. It will greatly enhance your speed bagging enjoyment by removing these labels. They are murder on the knuckles. I did the same thing with my little gold Title bag as well.

BTW, my taped knuckle in this video was not from punching, but from my Amazon parrot, Ricky. He was mad at me the other day and I should've left him alone, but I tried to get him to step up on my finger. Ricky vented his displeasure with me by biting me. He got me DIRECTLY ON the knuckle of my index finger. Bummer.

So, I say peel away the labels and bag on!

Attached Files
              Last edited by MsDeville; 01-15-2012, 02:03 PM. Reason: added information

Comment

• Jake
                • Mar 2011

Thanks Paranday.

MsDeville, it looks like you removed the stitches. Is that right? When you say carefully removed, did you cut the thread and pull it out?

Parrots are cool. I hear some of them can crush bones with their beaks.

It seems like I always have at least one cut on one of my knuckles. The other day someone said What happened to your hands! I hardly ever try to explain my speed bag addiction to anyone, because they never understand.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsDeville, it looks like you removed the stitches. Is that right? When you say carefully removed, did you cut the thread and pull it out?
                  Yes, you just need to snip the first stitch, and then carefully, maybe with some tweezers, gently un-stitch the label (pull the threading out) from the bag. If you can get both the top and the bottom threads out completely, fine. If not, it's not too big of a deal...

It seems like I always have at least one cut on one of my knuckles. The other day someone said What happened to your hands! I hardly ever try to explain my speed bag addiction to anyone, because they never understand.
                  I can relate.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...