• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

How to Replace a Speed Bag Bladder - by Zaza

I'm no expert, but thought I'd share my experience changing a bladder.
    The hardest part of the process is turning the bag inside-out to get to the valve & re-lacing the bag.

Take a look:
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • Hannibal
    • Dec 2010

Hell yeah! Best video post I have seen in a long time for instruction. That ruled. If I was able to I would give you a high five. Thanks for taking the time to put that up. Now watch the view count blow up on youtube.

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Good idea for a video Zaza. I've never had to change a bladder yet. ( knock on wood). It helps alot having seen it done.

Comment

• 08speed3
        • Dec 2010

Good DIY video Zaza! Video will come in handy in the future.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Great How to vid!

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          I'm no expert, but thought I'd share my experience changing a bladder.
          The hardest part of the process is turning the bag inside-out to get to the valve & re-lacing the bag.

Take a look:
          Well Done ZaZa!

I may not be able to give you a high five but I'll give you a 5 bag rating for your post! Amazing quality on your video again. And excellent applicable footage and instructional text. Nice sound tack too!

5 stars from the forum tool as well!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Canadate for the Goldmine, I'd say

Comment

• larted
              • Mar 2009

Good job and you are an expert now.
              Larry

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Thanks everyone...glad you all like it & I hope it comes in handy if you ever have to change a bladder.

Cheers!

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

How ironic to find this video when I'm in the process of changing the bladder on my Everkast xs 4x6. The present bladder has a teeny tiny hole at the top. I got no patches at the moment but I have a Title xs bladder. Just gotta get sone rubber cement and give it a go. Til then, no itty bitty for awhile.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                    • Apr 2011

Me too! Just split my ringside bladder completely down a side seam! Patched it a couple of weeks ago with a partial removal, but no chance of a repair now.
                    -
                    Owner/Operator
                    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

The replacement bladders I got were from Ringside (Latex)...cost $4.99 ea. and seem to be working great.

Because shipping is by weight, it didn't cost anymore to get a few in various sizes...just to have on hand.

FYI.... I just had to patch a hole in an Everlast bag bladder too. I used rubber cement and a piece of the plastic bag the other replacement bladder came in... it worked great too!

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                        FYI.... I just had to patch a hole in an Everlast bag bladder too.
                        You been letting your pet porcupine bag again, or is it just your raw power on the bag? I should be so lucky as to pop a bladder.

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Everlast plastic bladders have a nasty habit of blowing out the seams, from personal experience and what others have told me. I did have one that had developed a thin spot that let go. I really miss the old TufWear latex rubber bladders. They lasted a long time, and usually they only had to be replaced when the valve eventually failed.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                            • Apr 2011

Medium Title Bladder in a Ringside 6x9

I just replaced my Ringside 6x9's bladder with a Medium Latex bladder from Title. I love my Ringside even more, it's "spring-ier" and feels more lively. Comparing the two bladders, the Ringside latex was thinner and had multiple seams, the Title bladder is thicker and has no seams except around the valve stem. I like it!

A tip- when I replace inner tubes on my triathlon bike tires I put a light coating of baby powder on the rubber inner tube - it keeps the inner tube rubber from adhering to the inside of the tire. An old road biker trick that might help?? Just something I thought I'd throw out there-- works on my bikes, figure it'd be the same with speed bags?
                            -
                            Owner/Operator
                            www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• Hannibal
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                              I just replaced my Ringside 6x9's bladder with a Medium Latex bladder from Title. I love my Ringside even more, it's "spring-ier" and feels more lively. Comparing the two bladders, the Ringside latex was thinner and had multiple seams, the Title bladder is thicker and has no seams except around the valve stem. I like it!

A tip- when I replace inner tubes on my triathlon bike tires I put a light coating of baby powder on the rubber inner tube - it keeps the inner tube rubber from adhering to the inside of the tire. An old road biker trick that might help?? Just something I thought I'd throw out there-- works on my bikes, figure it'd be the same with speed bags?
                              Thank you for this information. I have had nothing but trouble with the ringside latex bladders. I will have to give this a shot if it happens again. If ringside would just up their bladder quality they might began to take back the market. Their bags are very springy and fast.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...