Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Speedbagforum.com Online Workout Timer

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Speedbagforum.com Online Workout Timer Announcements, Q&A, and technical support for the online workout timer, a free timer for martial arts, boxing, speed bag, tabata, crossfit and many other things requiring a timer!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
Webstix,
I sent the following reply (via e-mail) to the programming e-mail address on April 8th:

"Thanks, that helped. I am able to duplicate the problem using FireFox 3 Mac. I see that it works fine with Safari. Unfortunately, it seems to be a browser specific bug with FireFox Mac (I do not have Windows so I didn't test with that). I don't know of a work around. Have you searched the web for any similar problems? I did but was not able to find any."

I think it is an obscure browser bug, or but with quicktime maybe. At any rate, I tried some workarounds, but could not get it to work. I do not know how this problem can be resolved. The sounds work fine on FF3 Mac on the regular timer page, but there must be a subtle difference in the Joomla implementation that makes a difference, unfortunately, I could not figure out what that difference is.

Tim
Old 05-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

webstixdev is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Have you found any solution

Hi! TIM,

I know it is some wired behavior of browser, But is there any possible ways or a idea or a place where i can manipulate the code for making it working. Please Give me some thoughts. We are waiting for this.. This put us in a very bad shape. Please Do help.

Waiting for Your response
Webstix-DEV
Old 05-12-2009, 07:10 PM

webstix, I actually worked on it for a very long time on my laptop with Joomla ... I tried everything I could think of , making the path shorter, putting the audio in the root directory, etc. etc. ,but could not get it to play. I never encountered any problems like this in the original timer, so I don't really know what a workaround would be, and I couldn't come up with any add'l ideas.

You could try an alterantive mechanism for playing sounds in FireFox Mac, such as the javascript shown here:

function soundPlay(which)
{
if (!soundEmbed)
{
soundEmbed = document.createElement("embed");
soundEmbed.setAttribute("src", "/snd/"+which+".wav");
soundEmbed.setAttribute("hidden", true);
soundEmbed.setAttribute("autostart", true);
}
else
{
document.body.removeChild(soundEmbed);
soundEmbed.removed = true;
soundEmbed = null;
}
soundEmbed.removed = false;
document.body.appendChild(soundEmbed);
}
I found the above snippet here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...rom-javascript
Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

webstixdev is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Please Help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
webstix, I actually worked on it for a very long time on my laptop with Joomla ... I tried everything I could think of , making the path shorter, putting the audio in the root directory, etc. etc. ,but could not get it to play. I never encountered any problems like this in the original timer, so I don't really know what a workaround would be, and I couldn't come up with any add'l ideas.

You could try an alterantive mechanism for playing sounds in FireFox Mac, such as the javascript shown here:

function soundPlay(which)
{
if (!soundEmbed)
{
}
else
{
document.body.removeChild(soundEmbed);
soundEmbed.removed = true;
soundEmbed = null;
}
soundEmbed.removed = false;
document.body.appendChild(soundEmbed);
}
I found the above snippet here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...rom-javascript
I know there was a long gap between our conversion, Have you got any solution for our problem. I tried this code but it is not working for me.
Help me to solve this.
-Webstix-Dev
Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

dancingeek is on a distinguished road
Likely fix for many issues

Hello Tim,

I greatly appreciate your timer. I worked through some problems with it on Linux that might help this gentleman here. There is a very simple fix for some issues experienced with sound on non Windows/IE platforms. It is a matter of case sensitivity. Several of your wav files start off with a capital letter, ie "Gong.wav" while their counterparts in the javascript files are all lower case, ie "gong.wav."
Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingeek View Post
Hello Tim,

I greatly appreciate your timer. I worked through some problems with it on Linux that might help this gentleman here. There is a very simple fix for some issues experienced with sound on non Windows/IE platforms. It is a matter of case sensitivity. Several of your wav files start off with a capital letter, ie "Gong.wav" while their counterparts in the javascript files are all lower case, ie "gong.wav."
Interesting, as I used the timer on Ubuntu with FireFox for the longest time with never a problem. Can you clarify which browser you were using? And which flavor of linux. I certainly am hoping to get all the case issues straightened out in a future release, and simply make everything lower case.