Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Speedbagforum.com Online Workout Timer

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Speedbagforum.com Online Workout Timer Announcements, Q&A, and technical support for the online workout timer, a free timer for martial arts, boxing, speed bag, tabata, crossfit and many other things requiring a timer!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:34 PM
bjt8 bjt8 is offline
Speed Bag Trainee
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
bjt8 is on a distinguished road
Question Possible extra commands?

Hi Tim

The timer is great and I can't thank you enough for your efforts!

Would it be possible to add a few extra commands to your for those of a Thai Boxing/MMA background?

Additional commands to the existing number system such as: Low kick, High kick, Knee, Sprawl would make a world of difference.

Also, is there any possibility of replacing the computerized woman saying 1,2,3,4,5,6? A normal voice would be much more encouraging, probably clearer and defiantly less laughable!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,196
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjt8 View Post
Hi Tim

The timer is great and I can't thank you enough for your efforts!

Would it be possible to add a few extra commands to your for those of a Thai Boxing/MMA background?

Additional commands to the existing number system such as: Low kick, High kick, Knee, Sprawl would make a world of difference.

Also, is there any possibility of replacing the computerized woman saying 1,2,3,4,5,6? A normal voice would be much more encouraging, probably clearer and defiantly less laughable!!!
Glad you find it useful.

I'll make you a deal - send me the voice files for this in .WAV format, and I'll program it. I'm too shy to use my own voice I don't talk much , if at all , in my youtube clips either, I end up sounding like too much of a nerd. I don't have any other source of quality sound clips.

Last edited by Tim; 03-30-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2010, 08:57 AM
bjt8 bjt8 is offline
Speed Bag Trainee
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
bjt8 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your reply

Thats fair enough, il do my best efforts to find them.

Is the deal inclusive of new commands such as sprawl low kick high kick knee?

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2010, 10:32 AM
bjt8 bjt8 is offline
Speed Bag Trainee
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
bjt8 is on a distinguished road
Talking Commands

Hi Tim

I have sorted the .WAV files

How can i send them to you?

The file is 352KB

The commands are still computerized i think, however when you hear thyem i am sure you will agree they are much clearer and better.

I have got:

1,2,3,4,5,6 to replace your numbers commands

Additionally i have got:

low kick, high kick, front kick and sprawl which would be great for an MMA setting under your voice commands setting

Also i have found and included numbers 7, 8 and FIVE knees.

Ideally i wanted to find ELBOW and KNEE. So if you do not want to include these it is understandable.

7 and 8 would represent left elbow, right elbow

FIVE knees is useless, however i didnt no if you could cut the file down so you just get the word KNEE??? As that would obviously be a great command to have.

Once again thanks for your time and efforts on this timer. Its a great help in training.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,196
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjt8 View Post
Hi Tim

I have sorted the .WAV files

How can i send them to you?
COOL! E-mail them to timothy.r.platt@gmail.com

Quote:

The file is 352KB

The commands are still computerized i think, however when you hear thyem i am sure you will agree they are much clearer and better.

I have got:

1,2,3,4,5,6 to replace your numbers commands

Additionally i have got:

low kick, high kick, front kick and sprawl which would be great for an MMA setting under your voice commands setting

Also i have found and included numbers 7, 8 and FIVE knees.

Ideally i wanted to find ELBOW and KNEE. So if you do not want to include these it is understandable.

7 and 8 would represent left elbow, right elbow

FIVE knees is useless, however i didnt no if you could cut the file down so you just get the word KNEE??? As that would obviously be a great command to have.

Once again thanks for your time and efforts on this timer. Its a great help in training.
Thanks for helping! I'm out of town for Easter this weekend, but I'll see if I can crank this out next week
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2010, 05:06 PM
speedbagstud speedbagstud is offline
Speed Bag Trainee
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Elk Point, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 23
speedbagstud is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I'm too shy to use my own voice I don't talk much , if at all , in my youtube clips either, I end up sounding like too much of a nerd. I don't have any other source of quality sound clips.[/QUOTE]

hey dude, when you talked on spinsmashpops new vid, that was pretty cool, you seemed very calm, funny and entertaining all at the same time!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,196
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbagstud View Post
hey dude, when you talked on spinsmashpops new vid, that was pretty cool, you seemed very calm, funny and entertaining all at the same time!!!
Haha, thanks. I guess that clip came out all right. Certainly better than others where I talk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,196
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjt8 View Post
Once again thanks for your time and efforts on this timer. Its a great help in training.
For all those wanting to "test drive", the prototype is here:

http://virtualpunchmitts.com/beta/timer.html

Check it out!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2011, 03:56 PM
wow33 wow33 is offline
Speed Bag Trainee
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
wow33 is on a distinguished road
the timer with commands is really god idea but i have a problem with connection(too slow)
so online version doesn't working smooth
do you have version 5.1 beta is stationary version(on computer)?
sorry for my english i try to manage but i still leran this language(I writing from Poland)
good luck with project and in your private life too
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,196
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow33 View Post
the timer with commands is really god idea but i have a problem with connection(too slow)
so online version doesn't working smooth
do you have version 5.1 beta is stationary version(on computer)?
sorry for my english i try to manage but i still leran this language(I writing from Poland)
good luck with project and in your private life too
Download the zip file here: http://virtualpunchmitts.com/beta/timer.zip

Unzip and open the timer.html file.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.
SpeedBagForum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.