• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Look what I found on EBay!

Vintage and never used straight from the original box. Made in the USA. I may change the bladder. It’s a 10x7 bag, but if I put in a size small bladder in it should it be okay?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0744.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	514.3 KB
ID:	94486Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0746.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	475.1 KB
ID:	94487

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by riqal; 01-18-2018, 07:03 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Damn, that's a nice looking bag.

Originally posted by riqal View Post
    Vintage and never used straight from the original box. Made in the USA. I may change the bladder. It’s a 10x7 bag, but if I put in a size small bladder in it should it be okay?
    [ATTACH]5663[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5664[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• REB
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2017

Extra nice....

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Nice find, Riqal. I found a very similar 4201 last year. I hope you got a good one. Mine was disappointing. Despite being lightweight vintage kidskin, its pretty dead. The bladder was shot, so I used a medium orange enkay. If you change out your bladder, try to salvage the red plastic one. And I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on how it hits. I prefer the larger 4202.

@ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Allentown
          • Oct 2010

Awesome

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            Nice find, Riqal. I found a very similar 4201 last year. I hope you got a good one. Mine was disappointing. Despite being lightweight vintage kidskin, its pretty dead. The bladder was shot, so I used a medium orange enkay. If you change out your bladder, try to salvage the red plastic one. And I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on how it hits. I prefer the larger 4202.

It hits great! I was worried about that plastic bladder being a problem. But wow it works great and I won’t have to change the bladder. That wasn’t the cas with my 4204. That one needed a bladder change.

Comment

• jaja6009
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2016

Hey this must be the week of solid finds! Look what I'm picking up tomorrow.

It's a hour and a half drive and the price is decent from Craigslist. It is in a lot better condition than my current 4200. A cleaning and conditioner should have this looking great.
              Attached Files

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                Hey this must be the week of solid finds! Look what I'm picking up tomorrow.

It's a hour and a half drive and the price is decent from Craigslist. It is in a lot better condition than my current 4200. A cleaning and conditioner should have this looking great.
                Lucky bastard!! Congrats!! I have that same swivel. You’ll love it. It’s pretty damn fast.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Sweet. That has the gyro balanced logo, right? Not the '84 Olympics? Laces look original. So probably has a good red plastic bladder too. Nice find.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                    Sweet. That has the gyro balanced logo, right? Not the '84 Olympics? Laces look original. So probably has a good red plastic bladder too. Nice find.
                    Yeah it has the Gyro Balanced logo, and it is a Made In USA to boot.

But still the hunt goes on (eternally) for a 4204 and any low 4200's Kangaroo.

Comment

• jaja6009
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2016

Drove up north today and grabbed the bag. Really nice guy, and it came with a chain link swivel. It was a good deal at $50. The bladder doesn't seem to want to accept more than 2.5 PSI so it may need a new one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

If it only takes two and a half pounds and bleeds off, yeah the bladder needs replaced. If it is the red plastic one they have a habit of failing at the seam, more so than at the valve

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                          Drove up north today and grabbed the bag. Really nice guy, and it came with a chain link swivel. It was a good deal at $50. The bladder doesn't seem to want to accept more than 2.5 PSI so it may need a new one.
                          Gorgeous little baby...

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaja6009
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Gorgeous little baby...

It was east of Keyport. Guy was suspicious of why I was so happy to buy this bag and drive so far. I think he feels the bag was worth much more. Got me a new bladder so I'll be hitting on her 😀 this weekend.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...