Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Heavy Bag and Double End Bag

Heavy Bag and Double End Bag The "other" bags - heavy bag, double end bag, and any other non-speed bag boxing or martial arts equipment discussion.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Nicely done! excellent video. keep 'em coming.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017

The Art of the Bag
Old 08-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

tonyr0406 is on a distinguished road
TKO Boxing SPEED Head Target DOUBLE END Punching Bag

Has any tried this bag. I saw it on ebay when looking for a double-end bag. It looks interesting.

Anyone have experience or an idea of whether or not this would be useful?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited by tonyr0406; 08-05-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: forgot image
Old 08-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Speed Bag Guru

atgatt is on a distinguished road
Tony, no experience with it, but my guess is your not going to get a good "send off" when you hit it because it's foam.

I think of a speedbag made of foam just being limp in comparison. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd stick with air filled.

But if you're looking for a target just to hit without too much movement, then foam may be better.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

tonyr0406 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post
Tony, no experience with it, but my guess is your not going to get a good "send off" when you hit it because it's foam.

I think of a speedbag made of foam just being limp in comparison. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd stick with air filled.

But if you're looking for a target just to hit without too much movement, then foam may be better.
Good point... I didn't think about that. I was more concerned with the shape.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyr0406 View Post
Has any tried this bag. I saw it on ebay when looking for a double-end bag. It looks interesting.

my uncle has and everlast one exactly like that and to say the least it sucks alot! slow little movement and just not a good buy.
________
Web shows

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Speed Bag Guru

metaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyr0406 View Post

I've seen it but didn't think much of it. Something about it doesn't seem to make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloYello View Post
video for metaldad, hope this helps:

Thanks again for posting the video MelloYello. I was thinking the other day while hitting the De bag...footwork. I try to remember some basic lessons a friend once showed me; pivoting on your lead foot, stay on the balls of your feet, shifting. Any advice you add on the topic of footwork and the DE bag?

Last edited by metaldad; 08-08-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

crawforde is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the video MelloYello, nice job.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
Great vid. I'm now subscribed to future youtube updates
Old 10-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

doublefist is on a distinguished road
Everlast double end bags

I see an Everlast double end on http://www.ringside.com/Everlast-Pro...ctinfo/EVLDEB/

as well as on Title
http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...end-bags.htmlI

Is there any difference in quality on these bags. Or is this a matter of color and $10?

I currently speed bag and heavy bag. I am looking at moving into double end now as well. Home gym. Any direction would be much appreciated. I don't mind the 10 dollars if it is going to be worth it. Thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

doublefist is on a distinguished road
tuf-wear double end bag selection

Do you recommend the 7 or 9 inch Tuf- Wear? I will be using a variety of gloves. Large, small, and none. I am also a beginner to the double end bag. I originally was looking at the everlast due to your recommendation in a previous post. Do you know if the cables come with the Tuf- wear bag or do you have to purchase separate? I see most double ends come with the cables. Being a beginner, the Tuf-wear has shorter straps on each end of the ball whereas the everlast has longer. Which provides a better return? Or are the longer straps meant to save the knuckles of beginners? Either way, I am looking for a bag that will get me started but not be obsolete within to short of time. Do you use more than 1 size like in speed bagging or pretty much stick with one size?

I see you use tuf-wear speedbag along with a pro-mex. I really like the 5x8 pro-mex. How would you rate the tuf-wear 5x8. How are tuf-wear speed bags in general in comparison to pro-mex?

Your time and thoughts are much appreciated.