Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Heavy Bag and Double End Bag

Heavy Bag and Double End Bag The "other" bags - heavy bag, double end bag, and any other non-speed bag boxing or martial arts equipment discussion.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
riqal riqal is offline
Speed Bag Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 378
riqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud of
New water bags from ringside

I noticed that Ringside has a new line of water heavy bags. The prices are good, but not sure if I like those colors. The bags look a bit odd compared to other heavy bags. Who knows, they could be great.

http://www.ringside.com/Water-Bags/products/1389/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2010, 05:54 PM
atgatt atgatt is offline
Speed Bag Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 446
atgatt is on a distinguished road
rigal, I like how they explain how soft the surface is; for me, that's a good selling point.

"It's softer and easier to hit than any other bag on the market. In so being, it reduces the energy transferred to the body and reduces injury."

If ever I get a hanging heavy bag, it would probably be one of those. I'm sold.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
riqal riqal is offline
Speed Bag Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 378
riqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post
rigal, I like how they explain how soft the surface is; for me, that's a good selling point.

"It's softer and easier to hit than any other bag on the market. In so being, it reduces the energy transferred to the body and reduces injury."

If ever I get a hanging heavy bag, it would probably be one of those. I'm sold.
I am sold too. I like how they have a variety of sizes to accomodate all consumers. I think a 65lb water bag would be perfect for home use.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Title Fight Title Fight is offline
Speed Bag Trainee
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14
Title Fight is on a distinguished road
NICE!

I would love to get my hands on one of those, if any of you get one could you please post a review if possible?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,174
Tim has disabled reputation
Stop the presses.... I've got to get one of these.

I love these wrecking ball style bags, and that fact that it is water is just icing on the cake, plus it's $99!!!!


http://www.ringside.com/Tsunami-Roun...ductinfo/TWB6/

Too bad I don't have a hundred bucks to blow on workout gear I guess i'll put it on the wishlist.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,174
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by riqal View Post
I noticed that Ringside has a new line of water heavy bags. The prices are good, but not sure if I like those colors.
The red, blue, and black don't look bad.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Speedbag's Avatar
Speedbag Speedbag is offline
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 6,599
Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by riqal View Post
I noticed that Ringside has a new line of water heavy bags. The prices are good, but not sure if I like those colors. The bags look a bit odd compared to other heavy bags. Who knows, they could be great.

http://www.ringside.com/Water-Bags/products/1389/
I think those new bright DayGlo bags will be just the ticket for those who train under blacklights.

The college crowd will love these. At least we would have in the 60's - 70's,
__________________
Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017



The Art of the Bag
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-25-2010, 08:53 PM
punchingbag punchingbag is offline
Speed Bag Trainee
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
punchingbag is on a distinguished road
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the major points of working the punching bag to condition your hands?

So a water bag doesn't seem like its all there...of course shipping is better lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Joe's Avatar
Joe Joe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 88
Joe is on a distinguished road
I purchased the Ringside 150# Tsunami Water Bag. I got a heavy bag as a way to start getting back into shape. After speaking with a boxing coach who runs a local boxing club he reccomended a water bag.

I ordered from Ringside and shipping was quick. Being the heaviest waterbag they make it came in a box smaller than I expected. Its essentially a big black rubber bladder that is welded together in sections. I went to go fill it using a hose and funnel. The fill hole was actually sealed shut. Several calls to Ringside before they finally called me back and left me a message (I missed the call) to tell me that it "was supposed to be that way". The way the message was conveyed over my answering machine made it sound like I was the idiot. I was told I could return it (but I would be responsible for shipping of course).

Being a man of rather average intelligence yet smart enough to know that a big heavy rubber WATER BAG with but only one hole at the top should probably be filled from that hole. Being that that hole was COMPLETELY and TOTALLY sealed with rubber I went in with my Leatherman and conducted a 5 second surgery on the bag. Then in went to funnel, turned on the water and it was filled up in no time. I pushed the cap in the top hole and hung the bag in my garage.

I was a little suprised at the size of the bag. Its smaller than I would have thought. Its probably about the size of a regular 70# bag but a bit thinner. I guess it being a 150 I was expecting BIG. the other thing I noticed was that the rubber welds make the bag look a bit lopsided - I think the guy who was running the machine that day may have been drinking a bit that day.

But really - who cares what it looks like. Its just a bag that you hit. Intitially I was not able to use it as I had a tendonitis issue flare up in the area of my lower bicep and upper forearm. I had never had that before and it hurt like hell so puching anything was out of the question. Now that has kind of healed I have been really giving this bag the go.

I have never seriously tried to utilized a heavy bag workout before now. As it stands I am very very pleased with this bag. Before I purchased I read that they are like hitting a waterbed. I very much disagree - It seems to have much more resistance than that. Even if you hit the bag bare handed your fist does not "sink" into the bag at all. No more so that the foam wrapped regular heavybags. What it does do is absorb the shock very effectively and being 150# it does not swing wildly. I use handwraps and a pair of Title Gel gloves during my bag workout. I do feel sore after but its not sore joints - its the good kind of sore that I provided some resistance and taxed my muscles. I am not a boxer and being nearly 39 now I have no dreams of glory. I don't know if a bag is supposed to tougher your joints or not. I do know that there are a buch of small bones in the hand and my joints mean a lot to me. I'll go with the waterbag any day of the week if it means my body takes a bit less of a pounding. This bag offers a hell of a workout.

And as far as leaking goes... zip - zero - zilch. The top cap keeps it very water tight even though you can hear the water sloshing around up at the top.

I am overall Impressed with the WaterBag and less than impressed with Ringside. I would have proabbly gone with the Title water bag but Ringside sent me a coupon plus free shipping that saved me a bit of money at the time. If you like their company I would not hesitate to go for one of these.

I would definatley buy this bag again - but Ringside has higher prices for everything else and I was not happy with the customer service response. I'll be a Title Boxing customer from here on out...

Last edited by Joe; 08-04-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Tim Tim is offline
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com


 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,174
Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerFett View Post
I ordered from Ringside and shipping was quick. Being the heaviest waterbag they make it came in a box smaller than I expected. Its essentially a big black rubber bladder that is welded together in sections. I went to go fill it using a hose and funnel. The fill hole was actually sealed shut. Several calls to Ringside before they finally called me back and left me a message (I missed the call) to tell me that it "was supposed to be that way". The way the message was conveyed over my answering machine made it sound like I was the idiot.
Jeez, what great customer service. Glad to hear you figured it out though. Those kinds of problems bug the hell out of me. I can just imagine waiting for the thing to arrive, wanting to use it, then not being able to fill it up, weird.

Quote:
Being a man of rather average intelligence yet smart enough to know that a big heavy rubber WATER BAG with but only one hole at the top should probably be filled from that hole. Being that that hole was COMPLETELY and TOTALLY sealed with rubber I went in with my Leatherman and conducted a 5 second surgery on the bag.




Quote:
I was a little suprised at the size of the bag. Its smaller than I would have thought. Its probably about the size of a regular 70# bag but a bit thinner. I guess it being a 150 I was expecting BIG. the other thing I noticed was that the rubber welds make the bag look a bit lopsided - I think the guy who was running the machine that day may have been drinking a bit that day.
Can you post a pic?

Quote:
I have never seriously tried to utilized a heavy bag workout before now. As it stands I am very very pleased with this bag. Before I purchased I read that they are like hitting a waterbed. I very much disagree - It seems to have much more resistance than that. Even if you hit the bag bare handed your fist does not "sink" into the bag at all. No more so that the foam wrapped regular heavybags. What it does do is absorb the shock very effectively and being 150# it does not swing wildly. I use handwraps and a pair of Title Gel gloves during my bag workout. I do feel sore after but its not sore joints - its the good kind of sore that I provided some resistance and taxed my muscles. I am not a boxer and being nearly 39 now I have no dreams of glory. I don't know if a bag is supposed to tougher your joints or not. I do know that there are a buch of small bones in the hand and my joints mean a lot to me. I'll go with the waterbag any day of the week if it means my body takes a bit less of a pounding. This bag offers a hell of a workout.
That jives with my experience with water bags... there is a good deal of resistance, but alot of the shock to the joints goes away.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.