Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Heavy Bag and Double End Bag

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Heavy Bag and Double End Bag The "other" bags - heavy bag, double end bag, and any other non-speed bag boxing or martial arts equipment discussion.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:27 PM

Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Jeez, what great customer service. Glad to hear you figured it out though. Those kinds of problems bug the hell out of me. I can just imagine waiting for the thing to arrive, wanting to use it, then not being able to fill it up, weird.

Can you post a pic?

That jives with my experience with water bags... there is a good deal of resistance, but alot of the shock to the joints goes away.

OK here are some pics. I hung by DEB up next to just so you can get a feel for the size of the bag. Please don't mind the mess in my garage. I am slowly trying to convert it into a respectable place to workout. I'll have to figure something else in the winter as it gets colder than a witches nipple in there after the snow flies.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:00 PM

SpeedKilz is on a distinguished road
Looks good. Surprising how big those "S" hooks are on that heavy bag. You could go fishing for Jaws with those things. How you like the Fighting DE bag? Maybe a space heater for the garage in the winter?

How did you end up hanging the bag up in the rafters?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKilz View Post
Looks good. Surprising how big those "S" hooks are on that heavy bag. You could go fishing for Jaws with those things. How you like the Fighting DE bag? Maybe a space heater for the garage in the winter?

How did you end up hanging the bag up in the rafters?
The Fighting DE bag is sweet. It is without a doubt quality product. Very pleased....

As far as hanging the bag I went to my local Tractor Supply store and purchased a bracket that has a 2" steel ring. It was rated for 1200 lbs if I recall. The bracket has 4 predrilled holes big enough for 3.5inch lag bolts. I sunk it right into the angled ceiling rafter.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:45 PM

SpeedKilz is on a distinguished road
Wow...that is solid. I can see that you took no chances on that thing coming down.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 PM

crapshoot is on a distinguished road
Is that a kettlebell your DE bag is hooked to on the bottom?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
Is that a kettlebell your DE bag is hooked to on the bottom?

wow good eye!
Yep its a 16kg KB. I actually have to find something heavier to hold the DEB as its a little top heavy. Plus I need to start using the thing. Its a helluva workout but I am still new at some of the movements. I am sticking to the KB Swing and Turkish GetUp's for now. Its quite a bit of fun. I am still working my way through Pavel's (Enter The Kettlebell). Trying to take on the speedbag and the kettlebell in the same year... glutton for punishment I guess.

Last edited by Joe; 08-18-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

karl is on a distinguished road
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum,I thought id join and put up a review of the water bag I bought,because I found this thread helpful when looking for a water bag,I received it last Wednesday,and put it up straight away,I had tried a water bag at a local MMA gym,and thought they felt very good, and for the first few days I came to the conclusion that this bag was the best I had ever used....until last night when I split it

I was throwing a few overhand lefts and i heard a noise behind me,thought it was a mouse ? turns out it was the bag spitting water! I also had the camera running

Heres the clip,starts spitting about the 1.10 mark and I take a closer look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6m3...layer_embedded

ps. I never really used a speedball,but after watching some of your clips,looks like great fun,and its great to see people who are passionate about there training
Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Speed Bag Guru

toolboxdiver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to toolboxdiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum,I thought id join and put up a review of the water bag I bought,because I found this thread helpful when looking for a water bag,I received it last Wednesday,and put it up straight away,I had tried a water bag at a local MMA gym,and thought they felt very good, and for the first few days I came to the conclusion that this bag was the best I had ever used....until last night when I split it

I was throwing a few overhand lefts and i heard a noise behind me,thought it was a mouse ? turns out it was the bag spitting water! I also had the camera running

Heres the clip,starts spitting about the 1.10 mark and I take a closer look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6m3...layer_embedded

ps. I never really used a speedball,but after watching some of your clips,looks like great fun,and its great to see people who are passionate about there training

WOW that's a bummer for sure, I know I won't be buying a water bag for sure
Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
Hi guys,

Welcome to the forum

That's too bad, it did seem like a nice bag prior to the leak. Hopefully it's just a one-off defect of that bag and not indicative of all of them.

Quote:
Looks like you are a power hitter Get a big 12x10 bag from Title , you can really hit those hard: http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Speed Bag Trainee

karl is on a distinguished road
Hi Tim, thanks for the welcome

once I sort out my water bag issue,Im definaly going to have a play with the speedball;-)