Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Heavy Bag and Double End Bag

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Heavy Bag and Double End Bag The "other" bags - heavy bag, double end bag, and any other non-speed bag boxing or martial arts equipment discussion.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Speed Bag Guru

metaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
This is a pretty good Double End Bag video.

Although the sound is a bit off, the punches are crisp and really pop the bag, and his footwork looks good. The mirror behind him helps see his form and movement. Keeps a wide stance with balance as he is punching and moving.
Yep! I definitely must get one of those bags! What's the deal with this Kimbo cat!? I checked out the link to one of those street boxing videos. Who IS that guy?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldad View Post
Yep! I definitely must get one of those bags! What's the deal with this Kimbo cat!? I checked out the link to one of those street boxing videos. Who IS that guy?
post a link so we can check it out

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. IX! Summer 2018

The Art of the Bag
Old 06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
kimbo is a street fighter and he used to be a body guard now he wants to enter the world of MMA. the consensus is that hes going to get smashed because of his lack of training.
________
Nexium Settlement Update

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Speed Bag Guru

SupergeZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SupergeZ
hes got a hard punch and good chin but naff all stamina and after a few mins hes pooped hes gona get annhialated unless he can get a lucky hit
Old 06-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Speed Bag Guru

metaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
post a link so we can check it out
I hope I copied this right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9630woNUo
Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupergeZ View Post
hes got a hard punch and good chin but naff all stamina and after a few mins hes pooped hes gona get annhialated unless he can get a lucky hit
He's just freakin' monstrous! Who was the NFL player that went into MMA? He had no neck and was monstrous like Kimbo. He won because of his size not skill. He would gas quick but was so big and powerful no one could beat him. Until that one Japanese fighter kept taking out his legs, He beat the japanese guy but I believe his legs were screwed after that bout.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Speed Bag Guru

[QUOTE=SupergeZ;4089]hes got a hard punch and good chin but naff all stamina and after a few mins hes pooped hes gona get annhialated unless he can get a lucky hit[/QUOTE
He's definitely got the size factor going
Old 06-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Quote:
This is a pretty good Double End Bag video.

Although the sound is a bit off, the punches are crisp and really pop the bag, and his footwork looks good. The mirror behind him helps see his form and movement. Keeps a wide stance with balance as he is punching and moving.
What size gloves do think he was using and what size would you recommend? I just purchased a pair of 16oz practice gloves. I used them today and really felt it! Shadow boxing and heavy bag were alot more challenging. Am I jumping to far ahead of myself?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:35 PM

hispanicmakingpanic is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Damn!! He makes that look so easy!! I've been wanting a double end ball for quite some time. After viewing this, getting one is my next quest.
It's a great investment and in my opinion the most useful and demanding physically of the light bags. A little tip I'd like to offer you metaldad is to strike it with your fingertips in the shape of a claw at first. This will give you control and help you get started.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
It's a great investment and in my opinion the most useful and demanding physically of the light bags. A little tip I'd like to offer you metaldad is to strike it with your fingertips in the shape of a claw at first. This will give you control and help you get started.
Much appreciated sir!!