Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Heavy Bag and Double End Bag

Heavy Bag and Double End Bag The "other" bags - heavy bag, double end bag, and any other non-speed bag boxing or martial arts equipment discussion.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:36 PM

hispanicmakingpanic is on a distinguished road
Kimbo was beaten by a tubby mma fighter by th name of Sean Gannon. His look and style are intimidating, but technically he's a novice. He has a terriffic chin and brutal punch, but in the UFC he'd be a shark fighting on land. (hope I didn't misquote)
Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
Kimbo was beaten by a tubby mma fighter by th name of Sean Gannon. His look and style are intimidating, but technically he's a novice. He has a terriffic chin and brutal punch, but in the UFC he'd be a shark fighting on land. (hope I didn't misquote)
ya your right and hes not going into UFC its some other event and i believe he is fighting a boxer under MMA rules and still most people think he will get beaten due to lack of conditioning and lack of training.
________
LADYBOYTEASER

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:11 PM

Wink

Oh yeah I forgot, he's fighting Ray Mercer under MMA rules. Mercer would KO him under any rules...
Old 06-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot, he's fighting Ray Mercer under MMA rules. Mercer would KO him under any rules...

I still occassionally watch that fight of "Merciless" Ray Mercer destroying Tommy Morrison.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017

The Art of the Bag
Old 06-13-2007, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
I still occassionally watch that fight of "Merciless" Ray Mercer destroying Tommy Morrison.
One of my faves. I have it on vhs and analyze it occasionally. Remember how methodical and precise Tommy looked for the first few rounds? He reminded me of a vintage Tyson slippin and weavin creating angles and openings. Mercer is one of the toughest Heavyweights to represent the US in the Olympics. After he weathered the onslaught he pinned Morrison on the ropes and started what looked like a brain damaging barrage that Morrison could not escape as he was stuck on the ropes!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Speed Bag Guru

jaguiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's a great investment and in my opinion the most useful and demanding physically of the light bags. A little tip I'd like to offer you metaldad is to strike it with your fingertips in the shape of a claw at first. This will give you control and help you get started.
I have gotten a good grasp on the double end bag now.... made not as good as most...but eitherway..
I find the slip bag (homemade) much more demanding... I loaded up an extra speedbag with sand...abotu 12 lbs... and I hit on that pretty well, meanwhile sliping it and throwing jabs at it... and combos. the weight makes it a great workout...
Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguiler View Post
I have gotten a good grasp on the double end bag now.... made not as good as most...but eitherway..
I find the slip bag (homemade) much more demanding... I loaded up an extra speedbag with sand...abotu 12 lbs... and I hit on that pretty well, meanwhile sliping it and throwing jabs at it... and combos. the weight makes it a great workout...
The maize bag is a terrific workout and equally taxing... The sway bag has the quicker return and therefore promote a bit more foot movement and slips. On the other hand, the maize bag has a longer deeper return and therefore gives you much room to freestyle and work off of dips. both great workouts.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
One of my faves. I have it on vhs and analyze it occasionally. Remember how methodical and precise Tommy looked for the first few rounds? He reminded me of a vintage Tyson slippin and weavin creating angles and openings. Mercer is one of the toughest Heavyweights to represent the US in the Olympics. After he weathered the onslaught he pinned Morrison on the ropes and started what looked like a brain damaging barrage that Morrison could not escape as he was stuck on the ropes!
I got it on video also. Remember he was the "john wayne" great white hope analogy. I actually had him winning that fight until Mercer caught him. The tide changed quickly, as can often happen with a power puncher like Mercer. In all honesty, Tommy may have been in a bit over his head with Mercer's experience. He should have had a few more tune up fights. Either way, he took a beating.....

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017

The Art of the Bag
Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
I got it on video also. Remember he was the "john wayne" great white hope analogy. I actually had him winning that fight until Mercer caught him. The tide changed quickly, as can often happen with a power puncher like Mercer. In all honesty, Tommy may have been in a bit over his head with Mercer's experience. He should have had a few more tune up fights. Either way, he took a beating.....
Yeah, he's from Tulsa and claims to be the nephew of "The Duke". He appeared to have every attribute a Hvwt could want, except for a strong beard. Remember the beating he gave ole George Foreman? Mercer, on the other hand, is the definition of tough as nails. I've seen him against an unbeaten Vladimir Klitschko, and the beating he absorbed was nothing short of brutal. Even when he blocked the punch he would get shot into the ropes from the force. He never hit the canvas.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Crownshep is on a distinguished road
Don`t know if you`ve seen this guys,but Kimbo`s been training with Bas Rutten.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0EcCef1aHQ