Six weeks from my addiction, and it shows…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Six weeks from my addiction, and it shows…

I have been away from my addiction for probably 6 weeks. So, I went out to the chilly garage, and with the threat of running into the local bear I went to work. I put up the BFF speed ball, I put in the ear buds, inhaled deeply… and started pounding away to 70's music.

My tripod is broken, so I placed the camera on a stool, shooting up from below. Not the best angle for capturing the actual punching combinations.

And, I can't figure out how to turn off the auto-focus on this new little camera. This is NOT my best punch drumming — I have lots of misses and I kept going off beat. But, I decided to post this one just for the simplicity of it. It's the reason I keep bagging. I love the rhythm of the bag with the music. Nothing finer…

This is a nice oldie (remember this one, Alan?) from Earth, Wind & Fire called "Saturday Nite." I hope YouTube doesn't yank the audio…

This is a portion of my first full workout afterbeing away from my speed bag addictionfor over a month.I'm a little rusty.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Looks and sounds pretty good, Ms. Modesty. Take a bow.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Nice work, MsD, like your taste in music too

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Looks and sounds pretty good, Ms. Modesty. Take a bow.
        Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Nice work, MsD, like your taste in music too
        Thanks, gentlemen. Yes, Earth, Wind and Fire have put out some nice music since the early 70's, I think. I just looked them up, and they're still touring!
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• bbally
          • Jan 2013

Thanks for posting. Been having a hard time with the elbow same hand strike. This let me see what I have been screwing up. Also a 70s music workout person myself.

Thanks it was helpful.
          sgt
          USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            started pounding away to 70's music.

I decided to post this one just for the simplicity of it. It's the reason I keep bagging. I love the rhythm of the bag with the music. Nothing finer…

This is a nice oldie (remember this one, Alan?) from Earth, Wind & Fire called "Saturday Nite."
            Indeed I do. "Back then" We danced many a night away to EWF and others like them.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

This is a portion of my first full workout afterbeing away from my speed bag addictionfor over a month.I'm a little rusty.

Awesome set! You nailed it. Great Beat and swing control. That bag was In Time, On Time, Every Time. Love that double beat groove you used with Front Double Punches as well as Inward, Outward and Downward Double Elbow Strikes..

I'd say it was simply Dee-Licious.

Last edited by Speedbag; 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Rock On!

Q-Dee - Your one of the finest bagger's on this planet and your always camera ready. You sure "Amaze" me when keeping the bag rock'in to the beat. Nice!

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

The last quote (JUXT) says it all!

Looking good to me Ms. Deville....
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
                  Q-Dee - Your one of the finest bagger's on this planet and your always camera ready. You sure "Amaze" me when keeping the bag rock'in to the beat. Nice!
                  Awww, shucks. Thanks, Louis. I hope I can continue to improve. I still need to figure out some of your amazing moves!

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  The last quote (JUXT) says it all!
                  Yes, I think Juxt is right about that.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  Looking good to me Ms. Deville....
                  Thanks, zaza. I was able to concentrate on my punch-drumming after I pulled myself away from my favorite "How-To" videos.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    looks like you still got it ;-) great job.
                    Thanks, Ralph.
                    Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    what a great time in life. wish i could go (back in time)...ralph
                    Boy Howdy! I find myself thinking this more and more. Ah, sweet youth…

Originally posted by bbally View Post
                    Thanks for posting. Been having a hard time with the elbow same hand strike. This let me see what I have been screwing up. Also a 70s music workout person myself.

Thanks it was helpful.
                    Hey bbally, I will try to post a better video showing some elbow combos.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Indeed I do. "Back then" We danced many a night away to EWF and others like them.
                    I wish I could have known you back in the day, Alan. Maybe you could have taught me some great dance moves.

Awesome set! You nailed it. Great Beat and swing control. That bag was In Time, On Time, Every Time. Love that double beat groove you used with Front Double Punches as well as Inward, Outward and Downward Double Elbow Strikes..
                    Thanks, Alan.

I'd say it was simply Dee-Licious.
                    Dee-Licious. I think I like that.

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

No evidence of rust in that performance, Dee. Great job as usual.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...