Swivel compatibility??? (Short Answer is NO!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Swivel compatibility??? (Short Answer is NO!)

Which brands of swivels are interchangeable? The Everlast 4440 and 4444 models have 2 inch spacing on the holes on the base of the swivel.

Specifically I'm wondering what model I could replace my Everlast 4440 with when the time comes. The metal 4440 is no longer produced (it's plastic now), so that probably won't be an option.

My first 4440 only lasted about 3 weeks. My 2nd one could go at any moment!?!

I suppose I could just drill a new set of holes in the drum and get whatever is available...

Last edited by Tim; 01-20-2006, 04:18 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Swivel compatibility

Swivel compatibility is a black hole in the speed bag universe. It doesn't exit. There is no compatibility between brands. If it is a two piece swivel, with a board base and a bag attachment, than the holes for the board base probably won't match between brands, and the threads on the bag attachment either won't fit or the whole piece is the wrong size.

That is why I always purchase swivels in groups by the same company, (until recently, always the Everlast 2-piece ballhook #4440) they were always interchangeable with each other. Forget about trying to mix and match brands. it just won't happen.

Much as I hate to say it: This swivel appears to be the model for the next wave of speed bag swivels. When modified correctly, It beats the alternatives.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Newfie_Speedbag
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2006

Swivel Compatibility? Thread Match

Hi Folks,

I’ve got a question on swivel compatibility:

Would an everlast base (plastic) house a Boxing Gear’s Swivel (#WAtkins-Swivel02)?

And would a Boxing Gear’s Swivel (#WAtkins-Swivel02) base house an everlast swivel?

You see I’ve ordered 2 of the Boxing Gear’s Ball Swivel (above) and my friend (training partner) has 2 everlast swivels with plastic bases. So, I’m wondering if his bag attachment will fit my base?

Thanks.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I thought the everlast plastic were "one piece" ? therefore , no it wouldn't. I could be wrong though as I haven't seen a plastic one up close. The metal swivels are two piece - a base and the swivel that screws into it ? I

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tim
          I thought the everlast plastic were "one piece" ? therefore , no it wouldn't. I could be wrong though as I haven't seen a plastic one up close. The metal swivels are two piece - a base and the swivel that screws into it ? I
          There's not many of them out there, but there are Everlast swivels with plastic bases and metal inserts, just like the all metal ball and hook swivels except the base is plastic. I think that's what he's referring to.

Comment

• KevinDesroches
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2006

swivels

y0u can use boxing gears swivel to screw into a metal everlast flange, im not sure if the plastic has the same threads. im using the metal everlast backplate and the ball and hook part of the watkins swivel

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...