• Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Care and Treatment

Originally posted by speedboy
    does someone use a protection cream for the speedbag?? thanks
    there are various products to treat and protect leather products.

Years ago, when I carried my speed bag to a club/gym to hit every day, and where many different hands hit it, I did indeed put a little leather conditioner on it. Normally I dried it off after a "hot workout", let it set for a while, then rubbed the product (I used a type of Mink Oil ) on while the bag was inflated. It kept the leather pliant and soft. But those were older, Kangaroo leather bags. (even said so on the bag..). For these later day modern synthetic brands, I don't know what the best product would be, but if your bag gets wet or has hot air blowing on it during ventilation, I would treat it occassionally. Kind of like polishing your shoes.....

I also learned to keep it inflated, as the inflation/uninflation process tends to crinkle the leather and seemed to increase the cracking rate.

Living in Texas, where horses rule, Many stores carry Saddle and leather protection products

For the best bag care, I also suggest you rotate your bags occassionally. (change and hit another one...)

It's a great question. Bag care is often forgotten.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...