• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffmedic01
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2012

Good ball hook swivels

Are there any good manufactured ones available on the market currently or is it all custom? I have searched and all I could find was the everlast plastic ones and the watkins all metal, but everything I read about that says its back-ordered. I'm not new to bagging but am looking to get into some of the tricks and have decided from all my reading that ball hook is the way to go, just wondering anyone's recommendations. Sorry if this question has been asked a 100 times, I could not find the info anywhere. Thanks.

-Eric
  • southtexaskevin
    • Jan 2012

That's basically it, plastic everlast and watkins. One member just got a watkins so I guess they are back in production. I have a Deville and its great

Comment

• MMurphy162
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Feb 2012

Is it me or what? Most (if not all) that I read is how the ball and hook swivel is the best. Again, most (if not all) the videos that I've watched of the good/excellent baggers are using ball and hook swivels. Yet, the ball and hook is the least available type of swivel. Is that weird? You would think that companies like Everlast (just as an example) would want to to stay ahead of the compition.
      I guess I got lucky as I'm one that ordered and received a Watkins and then read how they were back ordered. Mine came in about 6 days. I had to modify it but now I like it. However, I'm not even a good bagger but I think I know quality. Maybe I'll know even more when my Deville arrives that I ordered today. Murph

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Bear in mind that we are probably a fringe element (I know that's hard to believe), and the majority of speed bag users are perfectly content with the roller chain link and U bolt swivels. I've gotten the impression that a lot of boxing trainers aren't impressed with what a lot of our members can do with a bag. Then of course they are using it for a different purpose and outcome. That, and it wasn't how they were taught to do it.........

Comment

• Bag Man
          • Jan 2011

Everlast ball hooks come up quite frequently on E-Bay. They are really not that difficult to find; although the older ones are made better. There is one up there now. I've seen them go from $15-$100. Bit of hit or miss on the price.

Personally, I'm more of an old timer when it comes to hitting. I'm not all that interested in, although I do appreciate, the theatrical aspects. That being said, I prefer the ball hook for training. In my opinion it's a harder work out.

That's the Bag Man's view. If you disagree, keep it to yourself.
          "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• MMurphy162
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2012

I think both Dutchman and Bag Man hit the nail on the head. I don't train to get in the ring but to combat this damn age thing and the results of a major lead poisoning. I have a decent 1-2-3 straight rhythm thing going but the double punch and reverse is totally foreign to me.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MMurphy162 View Post
              .... Yet, the ball and hook is the least available type of swivel.... Murph
              It must be that Ms. DeVille has strategically applied her newfound fame and influence to usurp the ball-hook swivel market and grow her empire by relieving all competitors of their inventory and introducing a unique alternative.

Clever!

It looks like it’s not going to be a black “Evil” empire – but a white “DeVille”.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MMurphy162 View Post
                I think both Dutchman and Bag Man hit the nail on the head. I don't train to get in the ring but to combat this damn age thing and the results of a major lead poisoning. I have a decent 1-2-3 straight rhythm thing going but the double punch and reverse is totally foreign to me.
                Keep at it! The various punches and combinations become easier the more you train your brain to recognize them. Keep trying, but don't allow yourself to become frustrated - move on to another combo. You will be amazed how you will improve day-to-day once you get a little time under your belt.

Best.
                PD

Comment

• MMurphy162
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Feb 2012

Thanks PD. Frustrarion is something I beat awhile ago. When you can't go out to the mailbox without worrying about falling down you either learn to live with it or ... Well I'm not sure what since I learned. I'm 51, look 40, and feel 75. But F--- it, I'm not ready to let this get me down.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
                    It must be that Ms. DeVille has strategically applied her newfound fame and influence to usurp the ball-hook swivel market and grow her empire by relieving all competitors of their inventory and introducing a unique alternative.

Clever!

It looks like it’s not going to be a black “Evil” empire – but a white “DeVille”.

Oh no. I've been exposed! But, trust me, PD. My empire is only for the good of those with the speed bag addiction.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Bag Man
                      • Jan 2011

Did mind aging until the uncontrollable flatulence paid a visit. Am I being too personal?

Bag Man

Archie Moore

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

Tmi......................................

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by bag man View Post
                          did mind aging until the uncontrollable flatulence paid a visit. Am i being too personal?

Bag man

A little too much information... butt, er – I mean BUT – it made me laugh...
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Bag Man
                            • Jan 2011

Can always count on a good old fashioned fart joke for a chuckle. The classics never go out of style. At least that was what I was told in 3rd grade.

Le Bag de Man

Archie Moore

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
                              Did mind aging until the uncontrollable flatulence paid a visit. Am I being too personal?

Bag Man
                              I have thought the same thing, ......as have many of my friends

however, when bagging I notice it more when I'm "passing" my hands through the bag. If someone notices, I blame it on a the bag. Faulty air valve. don't you just hate that...
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...