• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

When Baggers Meet

I was not expecting this and was pleasantly surprised whenit happened. I saw that Biff posted on FB that he was retiring so I sent a congratulatory message and he responded by letting me know that he and his wife were going to be in Chicago until Thursday and asked for my phone number. I obliged and we set a meeting. They had never been here and decided to check it out and catch the Cubs/Tigers game at Wrigley Field. Long story short, I couldnt get them out to Chez Ingram for dinner and bagging(timing timing timing!) but Biff and I met up at their hotel and spent a couple of hours talking and enjoying some coffee around the corner. Next time they come through, dinner and bagging and BEER!!!!!
    What a great guy what a great afternoon!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by metaldad; 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM. Reason: added attachment
    sigpic
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Awesome to hear and SEE you guys together. Glad you both got out before the cops caught up with ya.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

That's how we roll Alan...that's how we FIST roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• ebozyn
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2010

Cool!

Hopefully next time u can do some baggin'.
        Hang out and trade some Combos.

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        I was not expecting this and was pleasantly surprised whenit happened. I saw that Biff posted on FB that he was retiring so I sent a congratulatory message and he responded by letting me know that he and his wife were going to be in Chicago until Thursday and asked for my phone number. I obliged and we set a meeting. They had never been here and decided to check it out and catch the Cubs/Tigers game at Wrigley Field. Long story short, I couldnt get them out to Chez Ingram for dinner and bagging(timing timing timing!) but Biff and I met up at their hotel and spent a couple of hours talking and enjoying some coffee around the corner. Next time they come through, dinner and bagging and BEER!!!!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post

Too cool, MD! Too bad you weren't able to hang out long enough to knock the bag around...

I thank Biff for steering me to the Speed bag forum message board back in 2009. And, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Biff for the first time at Speed Bag I (June 2010). Here is a picture that he posted in his Profile Album: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...&pictureid=299

My younger brother lives (part-time) in Chicago. He has invited me to visit him, but to tell you the truth, I'd much rather meet up with a fellow bagger! (Am I bad? )

Chicago (or vicinity) would be a great place to meet up for a speed bag gathering. One day... maybe...?
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
            Cool!

Hopefully next time u can do some baggin'.
            Hang out and trade some Combos.
            Next time for sure!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Too cool, MD! Too bad you weren't able to hang out long enough to knock the bag around...

I thank Biff for steering me to the Speed bag forum message board back in 2009. And, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Biff for the first time at Speed Bag I (June 2010). Here is a picture that he posted in his Profile Album: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...&pictureid=299

My younger brother lives (part-time) in Chicago. He has invited me to visit him, but to tell you the truth, I'd much rather meet up with a fellow bagger! (Am I bad? )

Chicago (or vicinity) would be a great place to meet up for a speed bag gathering. One day... maybe...?
            Hmmmmm.....methinks the lady cometh up with highly sound suggestion......hmmmmm
            sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

There are a good many baggers around Chicago and bordering states that have the Speed Bag Bible. Years ago I went to a couple of sporting good shows in Chicago area and they always drew big crowds. Chitown media might like to help out also...
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                There are a good many baggers around Chicago and bordering states that have the Speed Bag Bible. Years ago I went to a couple of sporting good shows in Chicago area and they always drew big crowds. Chitown media might like to help out also...
                WGN channel 9 would be all over it!
                sigpic

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey MD, it was great to meet you in person this past June, and spend some time just BSing. I know the timing wasn't right, but next time out there, I'd love to meet your family and spend a little more time.

I see from another thread that you moved - congrats and good luck. Let's hope you're health issues are behind you and you continue towards your goal of becoming a member of the CFD.

Btw, I'm stealing the picture of us (that Mrs Biff took with your camera), and adding it to my "Baggers that I Met" album.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Hey MD, it was great to meet you in person this past June, and spend some time just BSing. I know the timing wasn't right, but next time out there, I'd love to meet your family and spend a little more time.

I see from another thread that you moved - congrats and good luck. Let's hope you're health issues are behind you and you continue towards your goal of becoming a member of the CFD.

Btw, I'm stealing the picture of us (that Mrs Biff took with your camera), and adding it to my "Baggers that I Met" album.
                    Hey Bif, I still owe MD a Rib Dinner, so maybe you can join us, sometime, somewhere.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Bif, I still owe MD a Rib Dinner, so maybe you can join us, sometime, somewhere.
                      I am SO in for that.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

What a good day that was! We will do it again.
                        Only next time it will be a Casa de Ingram! I'm getting stronger and everything is looking great. I should be cleared to start training again real soon.
                        Alan we're gonna have to do it at the house and have a beer BBQ bag b.s. session! Start planning!

I am SO in for that.
                        See you there!
                        Last edited by metaldad; 08-25-2012, 02:23 PM. Reason: spelling
                        sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Very cool! I am proud to say that I have "bagged it up" with both Biff and Metaldad on separate occasions... and the time with Metaldad included Alan Kahn. All of us in the Speed Bag Truck in the cold cold Chicago weather underneath the House Of Blues... fun stuff!
                          BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            Very cool! I am proud to say that I have "bagged it up" with both Biff and Metaldad on separate occasions... and the time with Metaldad included Alan Kahn. All of us in the Speed Bag Truck in the cold cold Chicago weather underneath the House Of Blues... fun stuff!BAG ON!
                            yes indeed! the proof is in the pictures. Foreigner Speed Bag Truck, Oct 26, 2009.

Hard to believe it's been almost three years
                            Attached Files
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                              Very cool! I am proud to say that I have "bagged it up" with both Biff and Metaldad on separate occasions... and the time with Metaldad included Alan Kahn. All of us in the Speed Bag Truck in the cold cold Chicago weather underneath the House Of Blues... fun stuff!
                              BAG ON!
                              and what a time it was. My only regret is that u couldn't hang out longer aftetwards!

yes indeed! the proof is in the pictures. Foreigner Speed Bag Truck, Oct 26, 2009.

Hard to believe it's been almost three years
                              hey Alan , who's the ugly black guy in the picture? You helping out Chicago's homeless or something? Oh wait, that's me! Damn I'm goofy looking!
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...