X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 08speed3
    • Dec 2010

Im a noob!

Ive been hitting the speedbag since Jan 2010. So yes im a noob! Im a late bloomer (early 40's)lol!! But really enjoy it! I was lurking around the threads and noticed all of you are awesome on the speedbag!! Im not even close. But will use all of you as inspiration!! BTW i like to use XS everlast gold/blk speedbag & recently bought the XS & XXS Title platinum bag which i like also.
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by 08speed3 View Post
    Ive been hitting the speedbag since Jan 2010. So yes im a noob! Im a late bloomer (early 40's)lol!! But really enjoy it! I was lurking around the threads and noticed all of you are awesome on the speedbag!! Im not even close. But will use all of you as inspiration!! BTW i like to use XS everlast gold/blk speedbag & recently bought the XS & XXS Title platinum bag which i like also.
    welcome aboard speed3 just take your time and you will improve and stick to it Bag on

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Welcome to the forum, 08speed3. We were all newbs at one time, so don't be discouraged, use it to your advantage. [I started three years ago at age 55, so there's hope!!!]

My advice would be to take it slow and master each technique and combo before moving ahead. it will prove priceless as you progress.

Also, pick up speedbag's (Alan Kahn's) Speed Bag Bible and DVDs. The best money you'll ever spend for improving your speed bagging skills.

Good luck on your SB journey and keep us posted on your progress. BTW, post up some pix of your setup, and when you feel comfortable, some vid of you in action.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Welcome 08Speed3,

Believe it or not, we were all noobs once. Just takes time and dedication. Punch by Punch, it will all fall into place eventually. We're all still learning and re-discovering what the ancients left us on the speed bag.

Welcome to the forum.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• StevieMac
          • Oct 2010

Welcome to the forum 08speed3. I'm a noob at 45. You're never too old to pursue new things.

Comment

• Allentown
            • Oct 2010

Stick with it and it will come to you. I am 40 years old. I took 20 years off from hitting the speed bag and it took me some time to get use to it again. It is more timing than speed.

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Welcome to the forum 08Speed3!! the speedbag doesn't know your age!! never too old!

Comment

• 08speed3
                • Dec 2010

Thanks guys!! You guys are the best!! I will be buying the speedbag bible soon. Already talked to Alan. Hes gonna hook me up!! Anyway's, my set up is basic, but i like it. (will post pics later) As for posting videos? lol!! Maybe next year! ROFL!!!

Comment

• newbagger
                  • May 2010

Welcome. I'm a much later bloomer than you. I hit a bag for the first time, like you, in Jan 2010, at the age of 65. Now I'm a 66 yo noob bagger. I have the same set-up as you and it works great. Enjoy the addiction.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by newbagger View Post
                    Welcome. I'm a much later bloomer than you. I hit a bag for the first time, like you, in Jan 2010, at the age of 65. Now I'm a 66 yo noob bagger. I have the same set-up as you and it works great. Enjoy the addiction.
                    Hey, slow down a bit and I'll catch ya. I'm now on the same side of 60. Geez, now that I think of it I'm older than I've ever been.

How did that happen!
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• gregwel
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jan 2011

gregwel

Glad to hear I'm not alone starting late at age 57. This March will be two yrs.
                      All the vidios on Youtube have helped. I also have Alan Kahn's cd. Alan's Youtube vidio, My Speedbag History, is what got me started. I only knew of front side punching and than, this reverse, side, pass/through, double pass/through. WOW! I'm on my 3rd Everlast black/yellow 4x6, about 1hr to 1 1/2hr 5 days a week.

Comment

• jumpcannon
                        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

wow you be putting some time in!
                        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by gregwel View Post
                          Glad to hear I'm not alone starting late at age 57. This March will be two yrs.
                          All the vidios on Youtube have helped. I also have Alan Kahn's cd. Alan's Youtube vidio, My Speedbag History, is what got me started. I only knew of front side punching and than, this reverse, side, pass/through, double pass/through. WOW! I'm on my 3rd Everlast black/yellow 4x6, about 1hr to 1 1/2hr 5 days a week.
                          Damn, you are putting in some serious time under the board! What part of FL are you from? My brother lives in Cape Coral and my BIL lives in Maitland.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                            Welcome to the forum 08Speed3!! the speedbag doesn't know your age!! never too old!
                            Good one fingers!

Welcome to the forum 08speed3, sounds like you've picked up some good quality speedbags and are enjoying the journey already. Have fun and post up some pics of your set up and stuff.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...