X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Cleto Reyes makes a bladder that has both a bottom valve and a top one. However I would wonder if it would be able to fill a 10x12 bag without a catastrophic failure.

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

I've got it all disassembled now. I'm going to refinish the oak supports. I got some bladders in today from Ringside. This old bag is one that is just going to have to be a display bag filled with stuffing. The other large one I got that was new old stock from the New York Board of Education is just as large and even heavier. I did put a bladder in it and tried to hit with it. Egads, what a moose. Not really alot of fun to work with but very interesting anyway.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

While I was cleaning this platform up I found a patent date on the swivel of October 1924. That doesn't necessarily mean this particular one was made then but it does help date the era it comes from.

fedora

Comment

• BigDogDaddyD
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2018

Another Old Platform

Just picked this old rig up on Ebay for $60 with shipping. Almost same type of swivel and metal loop, but with metal support and hanging arm vice wood. My 92 yr old dad boxed when he was in the navy during WWII and Korea. His face lights up when we go through his old boxing photo album. Gonna set this up in the garage, and hopefully get him to take a swing or two at it. Trying to keep him physically and mentally active.

During my days as a Jarhead, I saw many an old picture of the old military gyms. Most of these are hanging on the walls inside brand new fancy gyms on the base. There are lots of ring platforms with the metal and wooden frames in the old pictures. Even saw some pictures of some shipboard.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BigDogDaddyD; 02-14-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

This appears to be a Sport Fun outfit, probably from the early to mid 1960's

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...