Spin Master

• Aug 2008

you know im there! scissors up!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

JD is an insane player!
      We will hit on the funkiest stuff we can for punch drumming, which will most likely include grooves from Hendrix, James Brown and Sly Stone...
      JD loves the spotlight, so I am more than happy to give it to him!
      He can't speedbag, but let's not hold it against him... haha...
      I know he's tried at my house, but 5 minutes does not give one the confidence or know how to bag it up.....
      I can't see why this won't happen as he lives in Cliffwood Beach, which is part of Keyport... right up north a mile on 35.....
      My bag chops are so out of practice, maybe I should jus stick to drums!
      haha... no , it's like riding a bicycle... I have been working on my next masterpice, my "bagsterpiece" if you will, and I am not too far from unleashing it! I have been so busy and gotten minimal sleep the past couple months, I've even had 3 weeks off from running, which bums me out hard...
      But I'll get it together....
      BAG ON!

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Skunk will be there!!!

Have my ticket comfirmed to fly there thursday night and leave sunday later on. whoop whoop!!! So count speedbagskunk in for sure!!!

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
          Have my ticket comfirmed to fly there thursday night and leave sunday later on. whoop whoop!!! So count speedbagskunk in for sure!!!
          That's cool !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

see ya there, speedy! Long time since Florida '07.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
              Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

yes my bag brother

3 years. wow i cant wait to watch ya tear the bag up alan. always awesome watching you punch the speedbag. I will be there all 3 days so we will get some awesome video footage and pictures and WOW cant believe the SpeedBag 2010 is close to a week away!! SOOOO great!! see you all soon!!

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

I'll be there Friday afternoon. Have reservations at BW. Staying over Friday and Saturday nights, leaving Sunday mid-morning.

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great news, Jack. I thought you were only coming for 1 day. See you on Friday.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

3 years. wow i cant wait to watch ya tear the bag up alan. always awesome watching you punch the speedbag. I will be there all 3 days so we will get some awesome video footage and pictures and WOW cant believe the SpeedBag 2010 is close to a week away!! SOOOO great!! see you all soon!!
                    I think I'll be watching YOU TEAR THE BAG up a lot more than you'll be watching me.... I've gotten slower in those 3 years and you've gone completely supersonic. These days I "massage the bag" more than tear it up, but it works for Dee Pooler, and my old buddy Jim Caher, so I'm good. You may even show me a trick or two! or three, but who's counting.

Hey Skunk, I suggest you pick Deano's brain a bit in Jersey. I got a DVD of him a few months ago, and let me tell ya, the man's got some very cool moves that I know I don't do and you're gonna want to.

Truth is Truth.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jimcaher
                      • Feb 2010

Following up on what Allan said about "massaging the bag" Back in the day and recently with my 'comeback" my first inclination was to attack the bag and always hit as fast and hard as I could. I read and watched Allan's advice to think "control bag" but I (mistakenly) interpreted this as "go slow till you learn how to do it for real." While watching Alan's punch drumming, it occured to me that it might be alright to ease up and feel every hit. Like articulating every word rather than slurring. Then I watched some of Dee Pooling's vids. eg

Another nice example is the Baggist's
                      Hope to put up a full song soon, but for now here's a clip trying to punch to Lowell Fulson's Tramp. I feel like I was laying back a little more trying to fi...

Now I'm starting to appreciate hitting at many different speeds and enjoying whatever precision I can achieve with measured amounts of force. I've put punch drumming on hold until I gain precision and control of some of the more complicated combos and techniques.

Brian T, seems to have mastered both speed, precision and moderating force. His vids are a real treat to watch. I can't hear the song "Crazy Little Thing..." without visualizing BT's vid. And then of course there is Allan.

Hope everyone has a great time at SB 2010 and lot's of vids get posted for those unfortunates like myself who cannot attend

Jimcaher
                      Last edited by jimcaher; 06-16-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I still can't believe it!!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Ok, who all is firmly attending SPEED B.A.G. 2010? Sound off by replying to this thread. It's time to hash out any defined agendas based on people's interests and who is attending.
                        I am happy to say that I too, will be attending the first-ever Speed Bag Gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        (Trainer Raul is unable to attend, but he felt that I should represent the Pacific Northwest Women Baggers –*all 3 of us!

Keyport meets with my approval...
                        I google-mapped the town and found a Bank of America, a Pizzeria, and an espresso shop – all on Front Street!

See you soon...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by MsDeville; 06-17-2010, 02:47 AM. Reason: typos
                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!!! See you on Friday.

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                            I am happy to say that I too, will be attending the first-ever Speed Bag Gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            (Trainer Raul is unable to attend, but he felt that I should represent the Pacific Northwest Women Baggers –*all 3 of us!
                            That's great Denise!!! Can't wait to meet you and Jack and everyone else who I haven't met in person!

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Unfortunately it didn't work out in my favor to attend, but I send love respect and Blessings to all of you!!! May this be the bombBAGstic event of the summer for all of you. May the hard work and dedication yield an awesome time. May Keyport, NJ rumble for days from the buzz of so much bagging but most of all may God smile on everyone !!!! Have fun Bag hard BAG ON!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

We'll hook up soon MD in "OUR" neck of the woods (CHitown). Jersy probably won't be quite as cool as if you were there, but we'll be thinking about you. Sparky's really bummed that he won't be coming either, but there'll be other baggin' adventures in the future I'm sure. Take it cool my man, talk to you soon!
                                T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...