What are these bags, and how come I cannot find them on Everlast's site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

What are these bags, and how come I cannot find them on Everlast's site?

I just saw these bags on Ebay. I have never seen them before and they are not on Everlast's website. Are these Chinese counterfeit bags, or are they something that they only sell overseas?

I would buy one except the price seems a bit too much. I love the black and yellow one, but that price.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Those look like old new stock. They were in the catalog back when this forum was started, but it's been awhile since they've been offered.
    The yellow and black one was the favorite of a number of people here back in the day (many of which for what ever reason no longer post here)as was the blue and red one. As I recall quality control was an issue back then too. Some of them held up well, other's were trashed within a month of use.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
      I just saw these bags on Ebay. I have never seen them before and they are not on Everlast's website. Are these Chinese counterfeit bags, or are they something that they only sell overseas?

I would buy one except the price seems a bit too much. I love the black and yellow one, but that price.
      It was a "very fast bag", but the leather didn't last long on many of them.

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Those look like old new stock. They were in the catalog back when this forum was started, but it's been awhile since they've been offered.
      The yellow and black one was the favorite of a number of people here back in the day (many of which for what ever reason no longer post here) as was the blue and red one. As I recall quality control was an issue back then too. Some of them held up well, other's were trashed within a month of use.
      Correct-o! These use to be "the thing" back in 2006-2008 or 9. As I remember the leather cracked like crazy very fast.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Alan, remember Tim's "Melon ball" bag? It was a blue and red Everlast that had a shape unlike any of the others that we had seen. When it finally died, it was discovered that for what ever reason when it was made it was fitted with a double end bag bladder......

Comment

• jaja6009
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2016

Thanks guys, you are all really quick with the info. Too bad they didn't make that black and yellow with some premium leather because I really like the color scheme. I am kinda disappointed with Everlast. The Elite black bags I got when I got back into bagging became too bouncy for me and I gave them away, plus the 9x6 was too banana for me.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Alan, remember Tim's "Melon ball" bag? It was a blue and red Everlast that had a shape unlike any of the others that we had seen. When it finally died, it was discovered that for what ever reason when it was made it was fitted with a double end bag bladder......
            I DO remember the Mellon bag. It was the last mellon.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

That yellow and black is not the bag you're thinking of. This is,

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                That yellow and black is not the bag you're thinking of. This is
                Correct. Nice catch, Paranday.

That ad is an example of someone from another dimension. $110 for one of those bags!!! Is that seller insane?

I wouldn't pay $110 for all three.

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  That yellow and black is not the bag you're thinking of. This is,

Way to go, didn't catch the fact that the yellow and black is way bigger than the original production

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                    ...I also have a vintage Everlast Kangaroo 4200 that I was thinking of sending him so he can make copies of that shape, in which I think is the perfect shape for bible bagging and classical boxing, But you guys will have to back me up and want to buy bags from him, I think he's Gonzalez boxing on instagram but i'm not positive and will have to check later, Hey maybe he can also make the vintage big bags some of us like, But I would have to send him one of those too. Any Words or thoughts on this...
                    I'm in for a black and yellow bag. I find it pretty interesting that this would be a homemade bag. I like hand made craftsmanship.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                      I still have a black and yellow one, won't be selling that one
                      As do I, still in the net bag package.

Me either.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...