• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Does anyone have this swivel?

I was wondering if any of you have this particular swivel. It's on sale for what appears to be a good price. I was wondering about the quality and performance compared to other u-bolts.
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Which swivel are you asking about? If you posted a pic, I do not see it

Comment

• REB
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2017

I just happen to have that swivel. Have not used it. I am using the Title Premier Pro though. I use the Premier for my big boy 15 and 16 inch bags. It is a slick swivel for Boxing style baggin' So you might say this Ubolt you ask about is in the same class

The U bolt and frame on mine is all platinum but exactly like the pic you posted. If you would like to give it a test ride, I will send it to you. You are an outstanding long time member and contributor to the forum so I trust ya. Let me know.

I am editing this because what I said is in error ( it is "Happy Hour" at my house lol). My swivel is different from the one you posted. Sorry 'bout that. I looked at the Title website and they also have this same swivel (the one you posted) on sale for $19.99. I can not say how it runs though.

Another edit... The one I have is the TITLE PLATINUM MEXICAN-STYLE PRO SWIVEL
      Last edited by REB; 07-06-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

I use to have the platinum Mexican-style swivel, and I'm thinking that the swivel I'm asking about is very similar to the Mexican style. I was just wondering mainly about the quality and craftsmanship. But I guess for $20 plus $7 shipping it may be worth it to have as a backup swivel. I appreciate your offer, but the swivel I have now has to stay on the platform for quite a long while. Pretty much until it breaks.

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

Good luck with whatever you decide...

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
            Years ago. Slow and clunky IMO.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedball708
              • Apr 2015

You should try a chainlink swivel. There alot faster than a u bolt swivel and they require a little bit more accuracy. You can purchase an everlast chainlink swivel on amazon or ebay.

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

I actually have an everlast chain link swivel on my platform now. It is my favorite and yes you are right, it is faster than the everlast u-bolt and faster than the ringside super u-bolt swivel. I went ahead and ordered the title platinum u-bolt in my original post. I received it a few days ago, and I must say that it is an impressive looking, well-crafted swivel. I haven't used it yet. Do t know if I ever will.

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

Does anyone have this swivel?

Here it is, next to the super swivel for comparison. By the way, I relisted the super swivel for $20 if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by riqal; 07-14-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• The Fighting Wolf
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2015

Very good swivel but they do break from excessive use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...