X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

are all your walls woden over there in the us? i mounted mine to an outer brick wall in my room using long screws and rawl plugs and it started coming away from the wall within the 1st week, now its hanging right off and pretty much useless

only other way 2 hang it my dad said would be to use rawl bolts but he said they wud probably shatter the bricks! god knows wot im gona do tbh any suggestions?

im pretty sure theres an air gap between the inner and outer wall aswell so not much to hang on to

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
      are all your walls woden over there in the us? i mounted mine to an outer brick wall in my room using long screws and rawl plugs and it started coming away from the wall within the 1st week, now its hanging right off and pretty much useless

only other way 2 hang it my dad said would be to use rawl bolts but he said they wud probably shatter the bricks! god knows wot im gona do tbh any suggestions?

im pretty sure theres an air gap between the inner and outer wall aswell so not much to hang on to
      I don't know what rawl bolts are, but if you're installing something in brick, you need to get some Tapcon screws or something similar. I don't know if they have Tapcon screws in your area or not. Your best bet is to go to a hardware store and ask a knowledgeable clerk what his suggestions are. Make sure you know how deep the bricks are. You'll need to pre-drill the holes before installing the screws with a masonry bit. If you have access to a hammer drill, it makes drilling into bricks and concrete much easier.

They also make anchors that can be installed into the walls and they expand when you put the screws into them and tighten them down. I've never used them myself, but I know they work well also. I just opt for Tapcon screws because they are easier and more foolproof than the anchors.

Here's a link to the Tapcon screws. I've used them on four speed bag set ups with no problems whatsoever.
      [ Link removed at the request of the manufacturer ]

Also, make sure you find out if your walls are actually solid brick or if they are cinder blocks which are hollow inside. Generally speaking, bricks are reddish and cinder blocks are gray concrete. If they're hollow cinder blocks, you only need to have the screws go into the brick an inch and a half or so, and make sure the screws are threaded all the way from the tip to the thread. If going into brick, you can go from two to four inches.
      Last edited by Tim; 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM. Reason: [ Link removed at the request of the manufacturer ]

Comment

• SupergeZ
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2007

thanks for the info chris... i think im using those anchors that you speak of atm, you push them into a pre drilled hole and as you screw into them they expand, but they didnt hold 2 good...

will go to the diy store and ask if they know anything about tapcon screwes, they sound good. ive decided 2 scrap my currect setup and start gathering the stuff to build a new 1. then use those tapcon screwes to secure it if i can get any

thanks again for the info chris, hopefully my next setup will last a little longer!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...