• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

New bag problem.

Ordered a Pro Mex Victoria from Amazon last week. I got the 4x7 because I never tried such a tiny bag before. I got it and there was red dye all over the white lace. So I emailed Title and asked for a new lace, not too much to ask for an almost $50 bag. They send me a white lace cut in half with a knot tied on the end. I'm like WTF. I email them back. No response. So I call them, I know it's the "kid" who had been in contact with me through email from his first name. I ask can I please have a new white lace, this time not cut in half. He is adamant that this cut in half lace is how they sometimes lace up bags. I tell him I have several Title bags and not one has a cut in half lace with a knot tied at the end. Only after almost yelling did he agree to send me a new whole white lace. I hang up and then feel guilty that I lost my temper, but it just seemed like this kid was messing with me for daring to complain about red dye on the original lace.

Has anyone ever heard of using the lace in the included picture to lace up a bag? It is not long enough to go through every hole in the bag, and where would I possibly tie it up at?

Pictures of said laces. Pack of smokes is for size reference.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jaja6009; 11-05-2017, 05:55 PM.
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Why not junk the shoelaces and go with some leather laceing. It streamlines the bag and looks way cooler 3 mm is good overall size

another source: http://www.leathercordusa.com/category/C11.html
    I like to use Latigo laces. The Latigo has pretty good stiffness and threads easy
    Last edited by REB; 11-05-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

What size fits? the 3mm?

Comment

• REB
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2017

Yes I found 3mm to be a good size. 4mm and up is a bitch to thread. But you will need to help guide the lace thru the eyelets. I use a small pair of needle nose pliers. Use the pliers to grasp the end of the lace. Grab the lace about 1/8 to 3/16 from the end using the pliers. It helps to thread if you cut the end of the lace to a point. Cut the ends of the lace at a sharp angle making a narrow point
        Last edited by REB; 11-06-2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• baggeric
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2017

Laces

I use colored waxed laces. That way I can customize the look or match the bag color or contrast it. Online you can get 10 pair for about 12 bucks. Thats two bags to a pair so its fairly inexpensive doing it that way.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...