I shoulda post in Hitting to music I guess!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

I shoulda post in Hitting to music I guess!

Twice now I posted punch-drumming videos under pics and music. I probably should have posted it here. Here's the liink.
    Novaspeedbagger
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

cool vid again!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
      Twice now I posted punch-drumming videos under pics and music. I probably should have posted it here. Here's the liink.
      http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2925
      I love the simplicity of this video! It takes control and patience to do what you're doing, in my opinion. And, there's that basic beat goin' on that I find so appealing.

So, you're right-handed. I have the problem with leading with my left too much (I'm a southpaw). I try to pay attention while punch-drumming, but, usually get all caught up in the rhythm of the song and end up leading with the stronger arm. What's the name of this song/artist? I might have to buy it, as it's ideal for doing drills of just one or two punches.

As for sore fists, I have found the yellow Title bag (8x5?) to be very easy on the hands and I highly recommend it. It's got some "body" to it as well, which in my opinion helps with punch-drumming.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        I love the simplicity of this video! It takes control and patience to do what you're doing, in my opinion. And, there's that basic beat goin' on that I find so appealing.

So, you're right-handed. I have the problem with leading with my left too much (I'm a southpaw). I try to pay attention while punch-drumming, but, usually get all caught up in the rhythm of the song and end up leading with the stronger arm. What's the name of this song/artist? I might have to buy it, as it's ideal for doing drills of just one or two punches.

As for sore fists, I have found the yellow Title bag (8x5?) to be very easy on the hands and I highly recommend it. It's got some "body" to it as well, which in my opinion helps with punch-drumming.
        I have a red title 8x5 Ms D, is the yellow bag different other than color?

The song that I'm hittin to is Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc. The lyrics are quite funny if you didn't catch the story line on first listen! He has 1 other song that I like - Wild Thing. Might use the other songs for my next posts. I downloaded them from Amazon last year. Your right, it's got a great beat that makes ya feel good! Also, you might wanna check out LL cool J's - Goin back to Cali - good beat but a bit slower.

Thanks Ms D, I'll be looking for your next Post!
        Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 10-04-2010, 08:28 PM. Reason: add a song, spelling
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...