• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrunk
    • Oct 2014

PunchDrunk- making 1st mandatory post

Hello everyone

this is my mandatory 1st post, but hope to post frequently. I am new to Speed Bagging I've been doing it for less than two month's now and fully addicted especially since I got the Speed Bag Bible and just finished making a custom platform. I am so glad that I found this forum I see a lot of dedicated members with great advice.

PunchDrunk
    OIIIIIIIO
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Welcome PunchDrunk and fellow Addict! Post some pictures of your custom platform when you get a chance.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Welcome! If you're addicted to the Speed Bag.... you've found the right place. I look forward to seeing some video from you and yes, please show us your platform.
      Cheers!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Welcome Punchdrunk. looking forward to some video!
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrunk
          • Oct 2014

MsDeville, Zaza, Speedbag

thanks for the welcome to the forum. Where would be the best place to post my platform pictures? Also i have some questions and issues with one of my swivels.

PunchDrunk
          OIIIIIIIO

Comment

• rehamco1
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            MsDeville, Zaza, Speedbag

thanks for the welcome to the forum. Where would be the best place to post my platform pictures? Also i have some questions and issues with one of my swivels.

PunchDrunk
            OIIIIIIIO
            Welcome PunchDrunk I would suggest you post your pictures on the forum heading pictures and videos lets see what you have.
            it is always nice to have another addict on The Forum

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

PunchDrunk - gotta love that name. Welcome!

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                PunchDrunk - gotta love that name. Welcome!
                Thanks Biff,

I have posted the pictures of my Custom platform in the Active thread under pictures and video's, please check it out let me know what you think any pointers are welcome

PunchDrunk
                OIIIIIIIO

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                  • Oct 2014

ventanakaz,

I have a Watkins-Swivel02- Boxing Gear's Speed Bag Swivel - triple chrome plated, precision ball Swivel all steel Construction (NO PLASTIC).
                  my problem with the swivel is the I-hook and S-hook are wearing down like they were made of plastic. I bought the swivel from Fitness-Equipment.com on 9/12/2014 so I have used it for a month now, I guess my question is should these two parts wear down this fast in such a short time, other than that I think it is a good swivel, S-hook is a little long but it is good for a guy like me that is just starting to learn the Art of the Bag, I will re-post in the Active Thread under Swivels.

PunchDrunk
                  OIIIIIIIO
                  Attached Files

Comment

• paranday
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                    my problem with the swivel is the I-hook and S-hook are wearing down like they were made of plastic.
                    If you're not doing it already, you'll want to put lube at that joint -- just put some grease there and it should slow down the wear. I wore down my first Powermill hook set by running it with no lube, but no problem since.
                    Last edited by paranday; 10-19-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• PunchDrunk
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                      If you're not doing it already, you'll want to put lube at that joint -- just put some grease there and it should slow down the wear. I wore down my first Powermill hook set by running it with no lube, but no problem since.

Paranday

Thanks for the advice. I just picked up some all purpose grease. I have to order some bladders from Fitness-equipment for a Everlast model 4207 and a 4210, I just saw they have a replacement Ball n hook for the Swivel I will make sure to grease it often.

PunchDrunk
                      OIIIIIIIO

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...