• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whiptats
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2008

Swivel Mod

I have an Everlast board that came with their "Deluxe" ball bearing chain link swivel. I'm pretty new but right away I thought this swivel sucked. So I ordered the Watkins ball hook swivel. While waiting for that I kept reading here and many here seem to like the Everlast plastic ball hook.Well they are all over where I live (Bay Area,Cal) so I picked up one of those. I like it just fine and used it until the steel one arrived. Put the steel one up and it seems about the same as the plastic, but a little more noise. Looking around I saw the Campeon swivel and it made me think. I went back to the chain link and took out that solid piece that joins the chain link to the swivel and I can't believe the difference. I'm sure I'll go back to the steel ball hook when my skills improve enough, but for now this is helping keep things straight so I don't breakdown so much. Anybody else try this? If I'm not explaining clearly I'll try and take a pic and post it in the next day or so. It is shorter than the others so nice and quick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim; 01-11-2009, 07:42 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by whiptats View Post
    I have an Everlast board that came with their "Deluxe" ball bearing chain link swivel. I'm pretty new but right away I thought this swivel sucked. So I ordered the Watkins ball hook swivel. While waiting for that I kept reading here and many here seem to like the Everlast plastic ball hook.Well they are all over where I live (Bay Area,Cal) so I picked up one of those. I like it just fine and used it until the steel one arrived. Put the steel one up and it seems about the same as the plastic, but a little more noise. Looking around I saw the Campeon swivel and it made me think. I went back to the chain link and took out that solid piece that joins the chain link to the swivel and I can't believe the difference. I'm sure I'll go back to the steel ball hook when my skills improve enough, but for now this is helping keep things straight so I don't breakdown so much. Anybody else try this? If I'm not explaining clearly I'll try and take a pic and post it in the next day or so. It is shorter than the others so nice and quick.
    A picture would help me "see what your saying".
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by whiptats
      This should clear things up. I included a pic of the piece I removed along with one of the two threaded bottom parts. Well I guess I don't know how to post the pics after all. They are on my desktop in a folder. If anybody knows how please share cause right now I feel sorta stoopud.
      I'll have some pictorial instructions up shortly. In a nutshell , you have to use the "Manage Attachments" button. It's a two step process, Browse to the file you want, then click Upload, rinse and repeat for all files, then finsih the post...

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

whiptats,
        Check out this thread: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1465

If you have questions, let me know. If all else fails, e-mail them to me and I'll post them.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Whip, the pictures were too big, they were crashing the image upload function. I downsized them to aobut 25KB and added them to your original post above ...

Comment

• whiptats
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2008

After using this swivel off and on for a while I have found it's best use for myself when I am working on something new. It seems to help keep things straight until I have the new skill down, then back to the ball hook. Although it swings a little faster it keeps things straighter.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...