• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HandsOfStone
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2009

Problem with new rival speed bag

I just bought a 10 x 7 rival speed bag, and when I went to put it on the everlast chain link swivel it did not fit. The loop was too wide. I had to use a pair of pliers to just get the speed bag on and be able to lock it in place. And now the bag forces the swivel to go in a certain direction because its so crammed. Is their any thing I can do to fix this problem? I tried using a zip tie on the loop to make it not as wide but I'm having the same problem. Or am I going to have to buy a new swivel without a chain link setup?

The picture shows what causes it to go crazy. It ends up in this position after hitting it a couple times.
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by HandsOfStone View Post
    I just bought a 10 x 7 rival speed bag, and when I went to put it on the everlast chain link swivel it did not fit. The loop was too wide. I had to use a pair of pliers to just get the speed bag on and be able to lock it in place. And now the bag forces the swivel to go in a certain direction because its so crammed. Is their any thing I can do to fix this problem? I tried using a zip tie on the loop to make it not as wide but I'm having the same problem. Or am I going to have to buy a new swivel without a chain link setup?

The picture shows what causes it to go crazy. It ends up in this position after hitting it a couple times.
    I can't speak to the Rival Bag Loop but I have noticed a growing disparity between bag loops and modern swivels. The "S" hooks on some have very little clearance to get the newer, thicker wider bag attachment loops. Anyway - your problem is similiar that the "old narrow" chainlinks won't let the bag fit.

I don't know what the answer is, unless you use a similar brand bag and swivel. I would hope a company such as everlast makes sure all their many bag models fits on all the everlast swivels.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-26-2009, 10:02 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

i have 2 rivals and they both fit fine on a U-bolt type swivel as well as the plastic ball hook so i dont know i think my answer would be get a swivel that works because this chainlink one obviously wont.
      ________
      How To Roll A Joint
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Ohio Bill
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2009

I don't know if this helps, but I found a few different size chain links at Lowes the other day, a few were bigger than the one on My swivel, but looked to have the same size pin, so I think they would fit into the swivel. This may help get the bag to fit. If not maybee you can find a larger chainlink for the swivel, it's just a masterlink for a standard chain.

Wow, my first post.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ohio Bill View Post
          I don't know if this helps, but I found a few different size chain links at Lowes the other day, a few were bigger than the one on My swivel, but looked to have the same size pin, so I think they would fit into the swivel. This may help get the bag to fit. If not maybee you can find a larger chainlink for the swivel, it's just a masterlink for a standard chain.

Wow, my first post.
          I've always thought the best part of going to the pool was jumping in once I got there. I know there are some baggers in Ohio. Glad to meet one! Welcome and thanks for posting.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Ohio Bill
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I've always thought the best part of going to the pool was jumping in once I got there. I know there are some baggers in Ohio. Glad to meet one! Welcome and thanks for posting.
            Yeah I just started really, but stumbled upon this site and have been kinda addicted. Bought the Bible, 3 different size bags, and a nice wall unit, now I just need more time under the wood.
            Can't say enough for all the good info and tips on the forum, if not for this I would probably still be watching my bag spin around in circles, instead of rebounding.

Comment

• HandsOfStone
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Ohio Bill View Post

Wow, my first post.
              Thanks for the help guys, I'll give Lowes a try and see if I can find a bigger masterlink, if not I think ill buy the Everlast ball hook swivel for ten bucks. I kinda wanted to try one of those type swivels anyways

Comment

• whiptats
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Dec 2008

Just a comment: I trimmed the loops with a razor blade on two different bags...it's just leather.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...