• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Everlast comes through!!!

OK... so instead of replying to various posts on a couple different topics, here it is in a new thread....
    My new Everlast Blue/Red 5x8 "$9.99 Special" immediately started cracking very noticeably within 2 days....
    My less than 2 month old Everlast Black 6x9 also had very noticeable leather crackage that started real soon after using it.
    I have a dead Tuf Wear 6x9 that is a replacement from the original that had seam rippage start a week after using it. Maybe it's just me having spent more time on more bags with great rebounds but this replacement rebounds like a wet pumpkin! haha....
    And lastly, my Everlast Durahide bladder burst and the replacement bladders are too light. It feels like a balloon. You cannot purchase the thicker black bladder that comes in some of these bags.

I want all my bags to work right! I want them to feel how they are supposed to and not acquire unwarranted, substantial wear and tear on them in very short amounts of time. I mean, Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago are NOT working out here! haha....
    So I called Everlast and explained about the cracked leather, the "dead" bag feel and how sometimes you end up with a "dead" one. I also asked about the thicker, black Durahide bladder.

Well, the customer service agent said to send the 2 cracked leather bags and the Tuf Wear bag back to be replaced! Yeah!
    And, after my constant questioning bordering on complaining about the lack of proper replacement bladders, he still had no answer other than I would have to buy another Durahide to get that bladder. I said those Durahides are on the Everlast site for sale, they are also in many sport stores as a newer type of speed bag. A proper replacement bladder should be readily available for the baggers that dig this bag since it is not some "out of production" product. I said maybe you can ask a supervisor to see what they think of this kind of thing. He said he would and took my number. He called back in a 1/2 hour and said they are sending me the black replacement bladder!
    Yeah!
    So man, 4 bag problems taken care of in one phone call!
    I gotta hand it to them, the people at Everlast are always very informative and helpful when you call them in regards to orders and product availability. And they really rose to the occasion on this one. Maybe my tenacity with the bladder questions helped it along a bit, but take note; if you aren't totally happy with your bag for whatever reason, chances are if it's from Everlast it will get taken care of!
    I didn't even tell them that because of my post about their 9.99 Special, they sold another 5 bags or so!
    KEEP ON BAGGIN!
    And I just set up my 2nd board! Working on "punch polyrhythms" on 2 bags and a kik drum underneath! Definitely nowhere close to anything presentable at this point....
    Will post pics and some new vid soon; hopefully I find the time to film "The Immigrant Bag" and "YYSpeed"!!!
    Also....the 2nd board came with the plastic ball hook swivel. A couple weeks ago, I put it up on my first board to compare to the metal ball hook that it came with (from 2000)....And yes, it's quieter, not as fun as far as grooving on a bag goes; a little too timid sounding....
    And.... I didn't know if it was just me, but the plastic b/h does feel a hair sluggish compared to the metal b/h?
    Why? Is it just because the friction of the plastic is greater? Or plastic on plastic isn't as smooth as metal to metal?
    BAG ON!!
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

good to know that they will take care of us. hopefully my bag doesnt have the same problems.
    ________
    The Cliff Condo
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
      My new Everlast Blue/Red 5x8 "$9.99 Special" immediately started cracking very noticeably within 2 days....
      Ack, that's disappointing to hear. I hope it's not contagious Mine is doing fine so far. Truth be told one panel of my yellow 8x5 went south quickly, but it never really affected the rebounds, just looks ugly. Still inexcusable on a new bag though.

Well, the customer service agent said to send the 2 cracked leather bags and the Tuf Wear bag back to be replaced! Yeah!
      And, after my constant questioning bordering on complaining about the lack of proper replacement bladders, he still had no answer other than I would have to buy another Durahide to get that bladder. I said those Durahides are on the Everlast site for sale, they are also in many sport stores as a newer type of speed bag. A proper replacement bladder should be readily available for the baggers that dig this bag since it is not some "out of production" product. I said maybe you can ask a supervisor to see what they think of this kind of thing. He said he would and took my number. He called back in a 1/2 hour and said they are sending me the black replacement bladder!
      Nice, glad to hear they can actually provide some customer service ...

I didn't even tell them that because of my post about their 9.99 Special, they sold another 5 bags or so!
      it was AT LEAST that many. I figure for everyone who posts theres between 2 and 8 people out there that never register...

And I just set up my 2nd board! Working on "punch polyrhythms" on 2 bags and a kik drum underneath! Definitely nowhere close to anything presentable at this point....
      Can't wait. I'm punching to the mp3s you made, the 120BPM seems to work for me... hope to have video soon (gotta be good enough to make it worth everyone's while, you know)

Comment

• Ohio Bill
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2009

Yeah I picked up one of those bags as well, so your count is probably low

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ohio Bill View Post
          Yeah I picked up one of those bags as well, so your count is probably low

Got 4 coming.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Whippet
            • Nov 2008

OK... so instead of replying to various posts on a couple different topics, here it is in a new thread....
            My less than 2 month old Everlast Black 6x9 also had very noticeable leather crackage that started real soon after using it.
            I have a dead Tuf Wear 6x9 that is a replacement from the original that had seam rippage start a week after using it. Maybe it's just me having spent more time on more bags with great rebounds but this replacement rebounds like a wet pumpkin! haha....
            And lastly, my Everlast Durahide bladder burst and the replacement bladders are too light. It feels like a balloon. You cannot purchase the thicker black bladder that comes in some of these bags.

I want all my bags to work right! I want them to feel how they are supposed to and not acquire unwarranted, substantial wear and tear on them in very short amounts of time. I mean, Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago are NOT working out here! haha....
            So I called Everlast and explained about the cracked leather, the "dead" bag feel and how sometimes you end up with a "dead" one. I also asked about the thicker, black Durahide bladder.

Yeah!
            So man, 4 bag problems taken care of in one phone call!
            I gotta hand it to them, the people at Everlast are always very informative and helpful when you call them in regards to orders and product availability. And they really rose to the occasion on this one. Maybe my tenacity with the bladder questions helped it along a bit, but take note; if you aren't totally happy with your bag for whatever reason, chances are if it's from Everlast it will get taken care of!
            KEEP ON BAGGIN!
            Will post pics and some new vid soon; hopefully I find the time to film "The Immigrant Bag" and "YYSpeed"!!!
            Also....the 2nd board came with the plastic ball hook swivel. A couple weeks ago, I put it up on my first board to compare to the metal ball hook that it came with (from 2000)....And yes, it's quieter, not as fun as far as grooving on a bag goes; a little too timid sounding....
            And.... I didn't know if it was just me, but the plastic b/h does feel a hair sluggish compared to the metal b/h?
            Why? Is it just because the friction of the plastic is greater? Or plastic on plastic isn't as smooth as metal to metal?
            BAG ON!!
            You could always try making one of these ...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Whippet View Post
              Whippet - Don't even get him started!!!

(actually, that is a pretty sweet set up...)
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

!!!

Originally posted by Whippet View Post
                OK Ok.... that kit is funny... I actually got bummed out for a sec thinking that someone is already running around with a bag on their kit! Cool photoshop skills!
                And you are close to the idea.... but, man, I've got to get some new pics going soon.... I am swamped until next week. I'm lucky to get in and bag 30 mins a day right now. But, I have put up a second board, the snare drum is still there and I just acquired 3 tall/skinny marching band bass drums. I just put one up under the board.
                And eventually, the bags will hang evenly left and right on the kit!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Whippet - Don't even get him started!!!

(actually, that is a pretty sweet set up...)
                Yeah! The bag and drum fit perfectly into the look of the kit!
                Last edited by spinsmashpop; 01-15-2009, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Whippet
                  • Nov 2008

OK Ok.... that kit is funny... I actually got bummed out for a sec thinking that someone is already running around with a bag on their kit! Cool photoshop skills!
                  And you are close to the idea.... but, man, I've got to get some new pics going soon.... I am swamped until next week. I'm lucky to get in and bag 30 mins a day right now. But, I have put up a second board, the snare drum is still there and I just acquired 3 tall/skinny marching band bass drums. I just put one up under the board.
                  And eventually, the bags will hang evenly left and right on the kit!

Yeah! The bag and drum fit perfectly into the look of the kit!
                  Sounds like you have some cool plans on the go there. I am interested to see what you come up with for sure.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Can't wait. I'm punching to the mp3s you made, the 120BPM seems to work for me... hope to have video soon (gotta be good enough to make it worth everyone's while, you know)
                    I'm glad you're getting some use out of it the drum MP3's. Would like to see some vid when you get comfy with it!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...