• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fro
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2009

Platform adjustability question

First off Hello everyone. I have been reading old posts for awhile and recently started going to a boxing gym. With my work schedule (nights) I only make it there once a week.
    I decided to build a platform mount and put it up in my home workout area. I bought a bag for $9.99 plus shipping. Thanks to Spinsmashpop for letting everyone know about the Everlast sale.
    My question is, How much up and down adjustability should I build into the wall attachment point itself? Or should I just wait until I start using different size bags and deal with it then? It's just a matter of drilling a few more holes.
    Thanks for any info.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Fro View Post
    First off Hello everyone. I have been reading old posts for awhile and recently started going to a boxing gym. With my work schedule (nights) I only make it there once a week.
    I decided to build a platform mount and put it up in my home workout area. I bought a bag for $9.99 plus shipping. Thanks to Spinsmashpop for letting everyone know about the Everlast sale.
    My question is, How much up and down adjustability should I build into the wall attachment point itself? Or should I just wait until I start using different size bags and deal with it then? It's just a matter of drilling a few more holes.
    Thanks for any info.
    If you don't have a readily adjustable board, I wouldn't worry about it. If it is an inexpensive and difficult board to adjust, it will be easier to adjust your height with a step or platforms to stand on. You can do this with a sheet of 4x4 plywood and 2x4 and 4x4's as well as an adjustable step

that might be easier than trying to adjust a difficult board. For larger bags, you might not need the step. for smaller bags you can stand on the step.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I concur with Alan, if the adjustability is strictly for yourself, you like won't need much more than an inch or two, which is easily accomplished with a sheet of wood or boards under your feet.

However, if you have a significant other, friends, or children who you will share the bag with , you'll need significantly more adjustability. My kids used to speed bag on a chair under the (fixed height) platform, but I think that's a disaster waiting to happen (they tend to throw power shots!)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...