• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

SB III Update

alan, joe, Donnie, and I spent about 5 hours hanging platforms... Still have a few to do in the morning but having a blast already. Hope to see you all tomorrow or Saturday!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

For those that missed it, you will NOT believe the level of speed bagging skills that were displayed. It is hard to believe how much every body has "upped their game" on the bag since last year! UNREAL!

Phantom punching, horizontal and vertical, double and triple bumping elbows, INSANE, speed, 10 minutes or more of NON STOP ripping it up by Juxt, Skunk, Speedbagataraxis, G-Town, with NO MISSES!

Of special note:

Speedy TommyT and his insane vertical skills, ripping combo's with his Freakin' KNEES! YEP. Hand, elbows, Knees, up down and sideways.

G-Town (flim flam hands..) just killing Fist Rolling to an unbelievable level. Front and Reverse, non-stop, either direction with unreal beats and grooves with no speed change in the bag, just constant fist rolling and funky beat grooves that defy fist control. If you don't believe that, try doing a Front Fist Roll and accent certain punching without making the bag go faster. IMPOSSIBLE!

Juxt (justin) has to be the king of vertical. His spins and behind the back hits are not to be believed. YES, behind the back punches during a spin.

Ataraxis: Eating up Deano and Ebo combo's at break neck speed and Punch drumming like Gene Frickin' Krupa. I ain't scared yet, but I'm definitely paying attention cause this guy is awesome! Ripping the bag to ungodly fast music, "in-time, on-time, every time". Simply has to be seen "live" to be believed.

The killing competition on the new "speed demon" speed bag counter device was off the hook. Guys ripping basic rhythm for 8-10 minutes NON-STOP up to speeds of 250 punches per minute and more! Everybody loves this thing! Hours of head to head competition and a great training device. (the inventor is one cool guy also. A real bagger through and through. He was loving all of it. )

Yea, go try that...

Awesome event. The video's will roll out but will NOT do the performances justice. You simple have to be there to fully understand the sound and fury of a speed bag gathering.

oh yea, Skunk pulled a fast one on everybody, but that is his story to tell.

And special thanks to Joe "ZA ZA" who captured a LOT of it on video.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

Good synopsis!
      I wish I could have been there.

Vicariously......

Comment

• Speed_Demon
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2012

Alan:

Describing me as "one cool guy" is kind, but a bit of a stretch.

Particularly when I was surrounded by coolness - G-town, you listening?

I had a blast, and the skill level was off the charts. So much fun watching these guys hit.

I should have some scores up on the website this week to give everyone a feel for how fast the hitting was.

Speed_ Demon
        www.speedbagdisplay.com
        http://www.speedbagdisplay.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speed_Demon View Post
          Alan:

Describing me as "one cool guy" is kind, but a bit of a stretch.

Particularly when I was surrounded by coolness - G-town, you listening?

I had a blast, and the skill level was off the charts. So much fun watching these guys hit.

I should have some scores up on the website this week to give everyone a feel for how fast the hitting was.

Speed_ Demon
          www.speedbagdisplay.com

Nope! Cool is definitely definitive. Thanks for supporting the event...walking the walk while talking the talk.
          +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

for those that don't know, John sent me a sample speed demon to try about a month ago. I loved it and challenged him to bring it to the gathering and let the best baggers on the planet put it to the test. He said he would attend...

I've heard that before, and have not seen some of those folks yet. BUT JOHN SHOWED UP, and brought the goods, just as he said. That means something in my book, and he hung with us every hour of every day, and that's some serious baggin' hours, because we don't play when we gather. We come to punch and he was right there, giving as good as he got. I believe his was awed at the level of baggin' talent and probably a bit surprised at what he saw and heard. I admit, we're a pretty scary bunch when you first hear the raw thunder of boards when everybody is punching.

Thanks john! The Speed Demon belongs on the board of every serious bagger! It's a great item and now we've got the video's to prove it.

Attached Files
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

In The Raw...

John - Its like sugar"in the raw" The Demon" my goodness ... The best thing since slice bread! Had me on the ropes with the (xxsmall) Nice meeting you and I know we will cross path's again. John don't post my scores... but post eveyone else See you @ 4 my bag brother...

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
              John - Its like sugar"in the raw" The Demon" my goodness ... The best thing since slice bread! Had me on the ropes with the (xxsmall) Nice meeting you and I know we will cross path's again. John don't post my scores... but post eveyone else See you @ 4 my bag brother...
              Don't post your scores?? Oh man, you got nothing to be ashamed of. Level 5 on challenge mode isn't all that bad. Geez, that's like, maybe 120 punches per minute.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Scores

O.K Alan John can you please post the scores.... I think Alan short changed me on the level. The Demon is the cool ... to bad it makes you sweat.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
                  O.K Alan John can you please post the scores.... I think Alan short changed me on the level. The Demon is the cool ... to bad it makes you sweat.
                  Yea, I did. I got it on video you made level 9. Actually, I have a lot of you on video hitting on the Demon, especially throwing your patented flim flam fist rolls. The demon didn't budge, but it looks really cool.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...