• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zarkov
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2012

ceiling height......

I wish to install a platform/speed bag in a room with a standard 8' ceiling. What do I have to consider when purchasing a platform....does the height of my ceiling impact the type of platform/mounting I purchase? How about a free standing platform? Are good quality/sturdy ones exist?

Thanks
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

I'm 6'1" and have a Balazs i-Box mounted on a back porch with a ceiling height of just 7'1", and it is the correct height for a 9x6 bag with the platform adjusted all the way up. You'll get quite a bit of adjustment with an 8' ceiling with the i-Box or any other platform of similar design. My other platform is in a room with a 10' ceiling.

Comment

• zarkov
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2012

thx

thanks so much for the info!!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Any of the standard wall units should work in a room with 8 foot ceilings. I've hung several different styles of adjustable wall units in rooms with 8 foot ceilings with no problems aftward. I'm only 5'10" with my shoes on but some of my taller friends could also use them with no problem.

the I-box is an excellent system and will serve you well.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...