• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

A new metal ball hook swivel?

I don't know if this is new or not, or if it's another version of the Swiveltech, but I was on Ebay and saw Forza Sports is selling this.
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Forza Sports Evolution Speed Bag Swivel - FREESHIP at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

I just wish you could unscrew the base from all of these swivels so you clean clean the ball when it gets dirty, or replace the ball, or replace the base when they wear.

For you eBayers out there there is a 10% eBay bucks promotion going on right now too for $4 off. But this swivel seems a bit overpriced.

Also I bought some s-hooks and eye bolts from Watkins and put one in an Everlast plastic base and one in a Title u-bolt swivel that I pressed out the internals. I have yet to test these out.
    Attached Files
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    I don't know if this is new or not, or if it's another version of the Swiveltech, but I was on Ebay and saw Forza Sports is selling this.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forza-MMA-Ev...IAAOSw6ShZQE1A.
    Scroll down a bit and you can read that the MPN is Swivel Tek. Something new from Swivel Tek for Forza?
    Last edited by REB; 06-14-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

The one on the right sure looks like JumpCannon's Powermill swivel, http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...on+evil+swivel

Comment

• jaja6009
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by REB View Post
        Scroll down a bit and you can read that the MPN is Swivel Tek. Something new from Swivel Tek for Forza?
        Oh good eyes! It just seemed too much like the Swiveltek, not to be the Swiveltek!

The one on the right sure looks like JumpCannon's Powermill swivel, http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...on+evil+swivel
        It sure does! I missed out on the Powermill. Looks like it was a beast of a swivel.

I made a testing platform in my garage to test different swivels. I got an old Everlast unit from Craigslist for $10 and use different Home Depot pine roundtops for the different mounting holes for all the swivels. I just have to get it set up.

I would really love to have a swivel with the following:
        A base that can have the bottom screw off (clean or lube ball, replace ball, eye hook)
        Maybe a metal insert in the bottom half that can be replaced to keep the bottom part from eventually failing
        A ball with a set screw so you can replace the eye bolt when that fails
        Easily available eyebolts and s-hooks and balls

My platform cannot have holes drilled through the top (easily) and I need a swivel that goes on once so I don't have to keep on backing out screws to where the holes will eventually strip.

Comment

• Bag Man
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          I purchased three of the JC swivels. (One was absconded with.) My impression was that they were a metal copy of the Everlast plastic ball hook They were very well made.

Bag Man
          "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...