• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

I added a double end bag to my gym

I just added a Title Classic 8" double end bag to my home gym, I made a combination hanger that doubles as a weight pulley machine and a double end bag support it seems to work great.
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks like a nice target. Bet you have fun with that one.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

toolbox, it looks good but rather low, about chest height.

Does it have enough free play to move well?

I can't believe how cheap Title sells those bags. They are very nice. I got the Title 6" and the Everlast 9". Use them both a lot.

Have fun.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
        toolbox, it looks good but rather low, about chest height.

Does it have enough free play to move well?

I can't believe how cheap Title sells those bags. They are very nice. I got the Title 6" and the Everlast 9". Use them both a lot.

Have fun.
        The free play is good I need to move my hanger up about a foot so I can raise it up a bit I need to get some more wood for that, so it works for now. I normally do my double end bag work last after speedbag, heavy bag then trapping and on to the double end bag. It is a great bag for the money you can't go wrong for $20.00

Comment

• dbirdmma
          • Jan 2008

i have the same bag its great. you may want to make it a little higher though. its a great double end bag at an unbelievable price.

the only downfall to this bag is if your not wearing gloves you can cut up your knuckles on the the classic logo on the bag...

Comment

• toolboxdiver
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dbirdmma View Post
            i have the same bag its great. you may want to make it a little higher though. its a great double end bag at an unbelievable price.

the only downfall to this bag is if your not wearing gloves you can cut up your knuckles on the the classic logo on the bag...

I use my bag gloves for heavy bag, speedbag trapping and double end bag work

Comment

• Jumpy
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
              The free play is good I need to move my hanger up about a foot so I can raise it up a bit I need to get some more wood for that, so it works for now. I normally do my double end bag work last after speedbag, heavy bag then trapping and on to the double end bag. It is a great bag for the money you can't go wrong for $20.00

I saw that $20 bag and ordered it, but due to being back-ordered, they sent me the Platinum DE bag.

I don't know...the $20 bag still looks better.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2008

Looks good you will enjoy that, I have alot of fun with mine

Comment

• Roscoe
                  • May 2006

That Does it...

...I'm buying a Title DE bag.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• dmccjr
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2008

Hey toolboxdiver, those are some nice grant gloves in the background. I've wondered how comfortable Grants really are compared to Cleto Reyes and Everlast. Do you use those as bag gloves and are they the hook and loop that are advertised as Campeon.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dmccjr View Post
                      Hey toolboxdiver, those are some nice grant gloves in the background. I've wondered how comfortable Grants really are compared to Cleto Reyes and Everlast. Do you use those as bag gloves and are they the hook and loop that are advertised as Campeon.

They are the Grant Campeon Super Bag Gloves and I love them. They are hook and loop and at 1/2 the price of Cleto Reyes they are one hell of a bargan. I use them for all my heavy bag, double end bag, speedbag trapping, mitt work and shadow boxing.

I got them from Ringside here is the link
                      At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

Comment

• dmccjr
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Apr 2008

Toolboxdiver, are those Campeon Gloves all leather and how is the padding, significant compared to other bag gloves. I just love the look in the picture and have been in the market for a pair of bag gloves and those just look sweet dude. How many oz. are they and would you say they are comparable to Everlast High Performance series gloves, they sell these at Dick's, Sports Authority, Modells. If so then I think I'll pass and if not how would you rate them versus any other bag gloves if you have any other to rate against. Currently I use the same bag gloves from Ringside, there super bag gloves back from '93 and they are seeing the end of their life cycle but I keep em cause: 1. They are my only pair and 2. I've already experimented with Everlast HP Gloves and hated them.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dmccjr View Post
                          Toolboxdiver, are those Campeon Gloves all leather and how is the padding, significant compared to other bag gloves. I just love the look in the picture and have been in the market for a pair of bag gloves and those just look sweet dude. How many oz. are they and would you say they are comparable to Everlast High Performance series gloves, they sell these at Dick's, Sports Authority, Modells. If so then I think I'll pass and if not how would you rate them versus any other bag gloves if you have any other to rate against. Currently I use the same bag gloves from Ringside, there super bag gloves back from '93 and they are seeing the end of their life cycle but I keep em cause: 1. They are my only pair and 2. I've already experimented with Everlast HP Gloves and hated them.
                          I don't like Everlast gloves either, the Grant Gloves are all leather and are 12 ounce and have great padding in the fist area. I have a bad left fist from a bar fight back in the day and I have no pain while hitting the heavy bag. I do wrap my hands and use fist guards because my middle finger doesn't close all the way. They are a great glove and I think you will be really happy with them.

Comment

• dmccjr
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Apr 2008

Thanks toolboxdiver, I really do think I will be making these my own in about a week or so, some really nice gloves and the whole setup you have, its incredible what our wives let us get away with.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...