X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Everlast 4210

Today, I’m returning my second Everlast 4210 (8x11) speed bag to the store where I bought it. The workmanship at the seams is shoddy. Because of this, in some places the bag looks dimpled; in other places it's puffed out and doesn't lie flat at the seams. When I returned the first 4210 bag, the guy looked at me and said, “What’s the problem? You’re only going to beat the crap out of it anyway?” I told him I thought the flat spots affected the rebound. Am I being overly critical? Has anyone here bought bags and noticed defects like these?
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

If you use the search function you'll find lots of threads pertaining to this subject, so yes , it's not all that uncommon, unfortunately.

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
      Today, I’m returning my second Everlast 4210 (8x11) speed bag to the store where I bought it. The workmanship at the seams is shoddy. Because of this, in some places the bag looks dimpled; in other places it's puffed out and doesn't lie flat at the seams. When I returned the first 4210 bag, the guy looked at me and said, “What’s the problem? You’re only going to beat the crap out of it anyway?” I told him I thought the flat spots affected the rebound. Am I being overly critical? Has anyone here bought bags and noticed defects like these?
      I don't think so. You shelled out good $$$ for the bag, and you should receive a quality product.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        I don't think so. You shelled out good $$$ for the bag, and you should receive a quality product.
        I agree. Don't hesitate to return, you're giving them feedback by returning. I recently received one of the Everlast pro bags, and it is flawless. The makers can produce a quality product.
        Last edited by paranday; 10-28-2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
          Overly critical ? Not at all. I'd say after two units though, try a different model. The Everlast models sold online (Ringside.com, Everlast.com) are far superior to the cheaper quality bags sold in most retail locations. The retail stores don't get the good stuff, I don't know why that is.

Ringside speed bags, including Everlast:

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

To Tim:
            I actually did just that. Last week, after two purchases and returns, I got tired of going back to the sporting goods store. I decided to try another brand. I ordered online the Title 8x11 (black and yellow) and the 5x8 (yellow). I should have them on Monday. So far I have the Title 7x10 and the 6x9. I like them both. I wasn't aware of the difference in quality in the retail stores.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

It's really sad to see what has become of what had been the real "workhorse" of the Everlast line. There are many of us that have had that model bag over the years that got way more than their monies worth out them.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                It's really sad to see what has become of what had been the real "workhorse" of the Everlast line. There are many of us that have had that model bag over the years that got way more than their monies worth out them.
                Absolutely. I had one and loved it for MANY years.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  ya back wen my grandfather was a pro boxer everlast was the best thing on the market but their quality seems to be getting worse over time.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

I just returned an Everlast 7x10 (not sure what exact model, $25.00) anyway, the valve was loose from the bottom of the bag. Inserting the needle was difficult and when I finally inlfated it, it was somewhat lopsided and one of the seams was not tightly stitched and one side was raised. It was defective, so I sent it back. I've since read (here on the forum) that some of these bags don't have a good track record.
                    I purchased a "Rival" bag. These bags (from what I've read here) seem to get good reviews.
                    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...