• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Malevolent Metaldad

I did this ealier today. The video quality ain't too good but I'm posting it any way. I actually tried to hit to parts of this with my eyes closed, thank you spdyTommyT for that bit of inspiration! I hope you all enjoy what you can make out. I promise my video quality will improve.

The song is "Deliver My enemy" by Malevolent Creation
    sigpic
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Awesome MD, 5 min. and 35 sec. of some serious hardrockin' headbangin', speedbaggin'!
    I especially dug the ending. The 6x4 everlast seems to be a permanant fixture. (That's primarily what I've been hitting since I got mine, Haha!)
    Anyway, always enjoy your vids Metaldad.
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Nice vid Mr. Metal. Thats exactly how you BLIND-BAG. When your feeling it, or sweat gets in your eye, or the puppy finally lays down and chews on something he's supposed to, you just close your eyes in deliverance, in relief, in comfort, in the zone. Now your Blind Baggin and keep bangin.
      The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Very nice MD!! fast and furious heavy metal bagin!! eyes closed too i am a big blues fan so maybe i should try punch-drumming sometime Sonny boy Williamson's eyesight to the blind springs to mind!!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

YEAH METAL DAD!!!!!
          Great stuff!
          You hear the beat, you change up your patterns to fit the beats and riffs and all that!
          Fist rolling blast beat mania!
          There ain't many truly punch drumming, you are coming along killer and wizard!
          Your fist rolling looks extra scary and intimidating cuz your tris get more air time!! haha.... but us that know you know you are one extremely peaceful metal maniac!!!!!
          Are you going to SPEED BAG 2010? JD drim BLS will be there and we'd have to jam some metal for you punch to!
          Great job!
          BAG ON!!!!
          (Oh yeah, I am here up right now cuz I got real annoyed that I haven't posted anything.... so I just made a couple passes at some DIO.... but my battery on the new FLIP cam is real low. I am charging it about to get a couple more takes in.... I haven't mastered the other clip I am working on as I don't practice that much... but this DIO tune is way easier....)

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
            I did this ealier today. The video quality ain't too good but I'm posting it any way. I actually tried to hit to parts of this with my eyes closed, thank you spdyTommyT for that bit of inspiration! I hope you all enjoy what you can make out. I promise my video quality will improve.

The song is "Deliver My enemy" by Malevolent Creation
            It all sounds Dead on beat to me. You only fall off a bit on combo changes, but you really hear it well. Nice split fisting in there also.

On a Front Double Punch (FDP), you can simply let the second fist come back "on" the beat. You're single punching nice at the opening, then you go to FDP - so let the second fist of the FDP return on single punching and you won't have to stop a few beats to get back into it after the FDP.

Great improvement, MD, you're Punch Drumming is really coming along.
            Hope you get to Jersey, 'cause punch drumming to LIVE music and spin drumming is an awesome experience.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great job, MD. You were full bore - all throttle, no bottle. Nicely done. Fist rolls were amazing. Your punch drumming skills have really improved.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Good stuff MD.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Ferocious!

Woh, MD.
                  Like spins says, "...Your fist rolling looks extra scary and intimidating cuz your tris get more air time!!" YIKES!

That poor "itty bitty" bag. I hope you ordered more than one of 'em. That poor thing gets a real beating when you get vicious with it. That was somethin' else! Loved your ending, as always!
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                    Awesome MD, 5 min. and 35 sec. of some serious hardrockin' headbangin', speedbaggin'!
                    I especially dug the ending. The 6x4 everlast seems to be a permanant fixture. (That's primarily what I've been hitting since I got mine, Haha!)
                    Anyway, always enjoy your vids Metaldad.
                    Thanks TJ! Ishould start baggin' with garage door open for better light. I'll get a brighter bulb for starters. I really don't like having my back to an open door.

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
                    Nice vid Mr. Metal. Thats exactly how you BLIND-BAG. When your feeling it, or sweat gets in your eye, or the puppy finally lays down and chews on something he's supposed to, you just close your eyes in deliverance, in relief, in comfort, in the zone. Now your Blind Baggin and keep bangin.
                    Thank you sir!!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                    Very nice MD!! fast and furious heavy metal bagin!! eyes closed too i am a big blues fan so maybe i should try punch-drumming sometime Sonny boy Williamson's eyesight to the blind springs to mind!!
                    Right on fingers my man!! A little Slim Harpo to go with your Sonny Boy Williamson maybe? Without Blues the is no Rock and therefore no Metal!!!!! All Hail the Blues!!!! We gotta get you Chicago for the Annual Blues Festival in Grant Park. I think they may have scaled it back this year. At least Three stages with some GREAT if not flat out AWESOME jammin!!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    YEAH METAL DAD!!!!!
                    Great stuff!
                    You hear the beat, you change up your patterns to fit the beats and riffs and all that!
                    Fist rolling blast beat mania!
                    There ain't many truly punch drumming, you are coming along killer and wizard!
                    Spins my man I thank you!! I try to get what I can from your videos. I have to remind myself that you are a proffessional drummer so I know my limits...But wise men and women say: PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Your fist rolling looks extra scary and intimidating cuz your tris get more air time!! haha.... but us that know you know you are one extremely peaceful metal maniac!!!!!
                    HA! I'm sooooooo out of shape! But I just a nice bid for start time at work ;1300 aka 1pm, so it's back to the gym for me WOOHOO. I try be nice to everyone accept for f----ing CLOWNS!! aaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhh!
                    Are you going to SPEED BAG 2010? JD drim BLS will be there and we'd have to jam some metal for you punch to!
                    Great job!
                    BAG ON!!!!
                    Unfortunately it is not my destiny to attend........I look forward to lots of pics and video!!!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    It all sounds Dead on beat to me. You only fall off a bit on combo changes, but you really hear it well. Nice split fisting in there also.

On a Front Double Punch (FDP), you can simply let the second fist come back "on" the beat. You're single punching nice at the opening, then you go to FDP - so let the second fist of the FDP return on single punching and you won't have to stop a few beats to get back into it after the FDP.

Great improvement, MD, you're Punch Drumming is really coming along.
                    Hope you get to Jersey, 'cause punch drumming to LIVE music and spin drumming is an awesome experience.
                    Thanks Alan! Like I told Spins, it looks like I'm gonna get some more time starting next week, I start a new bid at work and it's an afternoon start so now I'll have a bit of time in the mornings which means vast opportunity for improvemnet. Sadly I will not be making it to Jersey unless I hit Mega Millions or Powerball. But I'm still holding you to the rack of ribs in Chicago.........we just won't tell Lexi, my oldest, she's a rib fiend!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Great job, MD. You were full bore - all throttle, no bottle. Nicely done. Fist rolls were amazing. Your punch drumming skills have really improved.
                    Thank you Biff!! It's unforunate that I won't get to meet you in person and share a beer and some bag time.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Good stuff MD.
                    Thanks Tim. I hope Speed B.A.G.2010 is a raging success!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                    Woh, MD.
                    Like spins says, "...Your fist rolling looks extra scary and intimidating cuz your tris get more air time!!" YIKES!
                    Those are actually inflatable.........I make it a point to not get close to needles pins and other sharp objects lol. I wonder what Celine would think.............

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                    That poor "itty bitty" bag. I hope you ordered more than one of 'em. That poor thing gets a real beating when you get vicious with it. That was somethin' else! Loved your ending, as always!
                    Thank you MsD! You and I both know that Everlast makes some pretty resilient bags! Itty Bitty can take it! They were just love taps.....
                    Last edited by metaldad; 06-08-2010, 09:18 PM. Reason: formatting
                    sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...