X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExEODCDR
    • Apr 2011

Barry's Boxing Gym - Las Vegas

I recently went to Las Vegas on a business trip. Not being much of a gambler or drinker anymore I sought out a place to get a workout in and possibly some training. Barry's Boxing Gym is an amazing place!!!!

I can not stress the GOODNESS and QUALITY of the people that run the place. Pat Barry, the owner, spent 2 solid hours with me. 30 minutes critiquing my form and giving me tips, then he spent 90 non-stop minutes in the ring with me working the mitts and sparring. The instruction was fantastic and I learned a ton from the guy in a short time. I think my motivation fired him up too, because we worked for a long time!

I had to stay late, and then insist on paying him. He usually charges $20/day as a gym fee. I don't think he wanted to take my money... in a town where you can't get directions for free, this guy gave me 2 hours of his time and his expertise and I had to insist on giving him money.

If you are ever in Las Vegas and want a place to box or workout go see Pat Barry at Barry's Gym http://www.barrysboxingcenter.com
    -
    Owner/Operator
    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

I usually get a 'different' kind of workout when I'm in Vegas! ;-)
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Vegas7
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2011

So true..... They are really nice people there and also do a lot for the kids and the community. Geat place to work out you frustrations after a night on the strip and leaving your contribution to our dessert......

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Barry's gym was one of the places I looked at back in 2010 as a potential spot in Vegas to hold Speed BAG 2010.

As you know Donnie Blanks (Real Gymm) stepped up and the rest is history.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
          I can not stress the GOODNESS and QUALITY of the people that run the place. Pat Barry, the owner, spent 2 solid hours with me. 30 minutes critiquing my form and giving me tips, then he spent 90 non-stop minutes in the ring with me working the mitts and sparring. The instruction was fantastic and I learned a ton from the guy in a short time. I think my motivation fired him up too, because we worked for a long time!
          Wow, that's fantastic. I wish something like that had been available to me when I was younger. I will be sure to check that out if I ever get to Vegas. There was a boxing gym in Brandon, FL - but the instruction was not good, you were mostly left to your own devices. On the other hand, that's how i got into the speed bag, so maybe worked out for the best.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            Barry's gym was one of the places I looked at back in 2010 as a potential spot in Vegas to hold Speed BAG 2010.

As you know Donnie Blanks (Real Gymm) stepped up and the rest is history.
            Many years ago, Before the days of Speedbagforum, there was talk of a speed bag gathering in Vegas and Barry's was mentioned as a possible location. Serious Speed bag enthusiasts of all sorts and vocations have been located in Vegas, past and present.

We just could not get costs, location and commitments of attendance nailed down. Sound familiar?
            Last edited by Speedbag; 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Many years ago, Before the days of Speedbagforum, there was talk of a speed bag gathering in Vegas and Barry's was mentioned as a possible location. Serious Speed bag enthusiasts of all sorts and vocations have been located in Vegas, past and present.

We just could not get costs, location and commitments of attendance nailed down. Sound familiar?
              Very familiar.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                "Build it and they will come" - I think that was one of the most pleasant surprises of the initial speed bag event - pick a place , pick a time , and tell people to be there! The rest takes care of itself... In all honesty I didn't know if we would have 3 people or 30 at the first gathering

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...