• Show
Clear All
  • ashe
    • Jun 2007

cung le v. tony fryklund

enjoy!
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

Cung Le's San Shou style has translated excellent into the mma arena. He's so tecnical and precise it's unbelievable! He beats guys in "movie" style fashion with amazing kicks, punches and throws. I think he is slated to fight Frank Shamrock, who defeated a tough as nails Phil Baroni to claim the middleweight belt. That should be an instant classic and a barn burner! I'd love to see the winner of that against Anderson Silva...

Comment

• ashe
      • Jun 2007

le's still untested on the ground in mma. shammy might be a bit more than he can handle.

it would be tight to see le use his famous flying scissor leg takedown in an mma match!

Comment

• SupergeZ
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2007

i feel the groundwork is the worste part of ~MMA... when watching the ufc its so amazing when u get a couple stand up fighters that will really exchange with eachother. but those fights where there fannying around on the floor all the time bores me to tears, its just not as entertaining to watch them scramble around on the floor as it is to stand up and give eachother what for with good solid striking! jsut my oppinion.

i love cung le's style and the way he fights! hes always a pleasure to watch

Comment

• ashe
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
          i feel the groundwork is the worste part of ~MMA... when watching the ufc its so amazing when u get a couple stand up fighters that will really exchange with eachother. but those fights where there fannying around on the floor all the time bores me to tears, its just not as entertaining to watch them scramble around on the floor as it is to stand up and give eachother what for with good solid striking! jsut my oppinion.

i love cung le's style and the way he fights! hes always a pleasure to watch
          i'm not a ground game fan either. i respect their skills, though, and also, the rules are in their favor. if you're gonna go into the cage, you gotta have some ground game.

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

i have a completely different look at it. sure its fun to watch some striking but i truly do respect the BJJ game alot.
            ________
            White widow seeds
            Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
              i have a completely different look at it. sure its fun to watch some striking but i truly do respect the BJJ game alot.
              As an old high school wrestler, I agree. Some of the more amazing moves are the choke outs and tap outs from unbelievably awkward ground positions. It might be "slower" to watch, but it is amazing to watch the attempted mounts and defenses used. Remember my ground days, and doing that at the threshold of exhaustion really ups my respect for the combatants. Instead of saying "MIXED" martial arts, it should be "TOTAL" martial arts.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

agreed i think wresling and BJJ are goin to own the octagon soon enough.
                ________
                condos in Pattaya

Comment

• ashe
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                  agreed i think wresling and BJJ are goin to own the octagon soon enough.

aside from a few good strikers in the last dew years, the ground is pretty much where it's at...

on another note, i gotta say i was bummed when my man cro-cop got ktfo. hopefully he'll be back soon.

Comment

• Kyle
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2006

he is gonna be back i think hes in ufc 75.
                    ________
                    Glass pipe

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Cung Le is most definitely seriously impresive striker!! But MMA is about the whole package. Maybe one day we'll see how he does on the ground
                      sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...