• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBB
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2010

Question? Set time between Interval Round

Hi, What an amazing tool. I have this on my Blackberry and it is a real pain to watch and listen to while working out. Thank you so much for this.

My question is, if it makes sense:

When doing a Tabata round which equals 8 rounds to make one set. How can I make it so I can have a 1 minute rest inbetween each Tabata set? I start my workout out with 5 minutes warm up which I can set on your clock, but then after 8 rounds I would like a one minute rest, then at 16 rounds a one minute rest and so on at each complete Tabata set. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Brian
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by CanadianBB View Post
    Hi, What an amazing tool.
    Glad to hear you like it!

When doing a Tabata round which equals 8 rounds to make one set. How can I make it so I can have a 1 minute rest inbetween each Tabata set? I start my workout out with 5 minutes warm up which I can set on your clock, but then after 8 rounds I would like a one minute rest, then at 16 rounds a one minute rest and so on at each complete Tabata set. Not sure if that makes sense or not.
    Try this:

Set "Round Length" to 4 minutes.
    Set "High Intensity Interval" to 20 seconds.
    Set "Low Intensity Interval" to 10 seconds.
    Set "Start with Interval" to "High"

You will work during the HIGH interval and rest during the LOW interval.

Comment

• CanadianBB
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Glad to hear you like it!

Try this:

Set "Round Length" to 4 minutes.
      Set "High Intensity Interval" to 20 seconds.
      Set "Low Intensity Interval" to 10 seconds.
      Set "Start with Interval" to "High"

You will work during the HIGH interval and rest during the LOW interval.
      Hi Tim,

That is not exactly what I mean. I have no problem setting up a standard 4 Minute Tabata round. ( I prefer when it counts down in 20 secs & 10 secs instead of from 4 minutes. That way I see how many secs and rounds I have left.) It is easy for me to have a Delayed start for a 5 minute warm up. If I decide to do another set of Tabata, I wanted a 1 minute rest automatically before the next 4 minutes of Tabata took over.

Right Now I just restart it, so not a big deal, I was just curious if there was something built in that would already work.

I think this clock is absolutely amazing.

Brian

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Hi Tim,
        Right Now I just restart it, so not a big deal, I was just curious if there was something built in that would already work.
        I tried to think of a way to get it to work like that, but couldn't come up with exactly that result, sorry

I think this clock is absolutely amazing.
        Thanks!

Comment

• CanadianBB
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          I tried to think of a way to get it to work like that, but couldn't come up with exactly that result, sorry

Thanks!

Hi Tim,
          That is okay. I see how I can do it by just restarting. Like I said before, this is an amazing tool and I appreciate what is there already.

Brian

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Hi Tim,
            That is okay. I see how I can do it by just restarting. Like I said before, this is an amazing tool and I appreciate what is there already.

Brian
            Cool. I've thought about doing a highly customizable version that would let you do the kind of things you're asking for... problem is the user interface to configure it like that gets very, very complex quickly and I'm worried it's almost too complex as it is now !

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...