• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Rusty's new vertical platform

I realize this has been done a dozen times over, at least. But I am proud of my bagcraft, and I want to share...

Just an $8 pine tabletop from Home Depot with 3 coats of sanding sealer shellac and 3 coats of clear gloss polyurethane. Add to that a fully restored swivel from the garbage heap (more on that in another thread) and a few brass wood screws from the hardware store. I think I paid more for the screws than the wood.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

That is some real good stuff right there... Deluxe
    Last edited by REB; 04-27-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Nice work Rusty

Comment

• m.breen
        • Jan 2017

Look great. As hard as I try I cannot find these tabletops in the Greater Toronto Area. What are the dimensions of the table top? Thanks Rusty, m.breen.
        Last edited by m.breen; 04-28-2017, 05:32 AM. Reason: One more question added.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

These are laminated pine circles, they come in various sizes, the largest that I have seen (that I can recall of late) is 36". They are found down here at places like Lowes and Home Depot, and at some of the regional home building stores (Dixieline in Southern CA for instance). http://www.homedepot.com/s/pine%2520...2520top?NCNI-5

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

this is what I used, $7.25
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

It wasn't laminated, just unfinished pine. Originally I just wanted a quick & cheap way to test if I would like a vertical platform before investing a whole lot in building one. But then I had the stain and finish leftover from another project so I figured what the hell, throw some finish on there first. I needed the experience. Learned a few things about wood finishing in the process.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

That was the item I was looking for Rusty, but for what ever reason their site kept taking me back to the one I ultimately posted. They at one time had melamine rounds as well. Used a 30" one to upgrade an old Ringside economy platform

Comment

• m.breen
                  • Jan 2017

Looks like I can get them at Lowe's in Canada.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...