• Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Member Discount Prime Fighter Sports Gear - discount for members

Guys,
    You'll notice a new banner at the top of the site:

In exchange for posting this banner ad, Prime Fighter Sports Gear is offering all speedbagforum.com members a 15% discount on any of their speed bag platforms!

They've got some really slick, heavy duty stuff. Please check out their web site if your in the market for a new platform. When you order, simply tell them you are a speedbagforum.com member.

And I also want to point out that the banner ad was created by BillyMack and his fiancee Katy! Thanks very much for the assist. I'm all thumbs when it comes to photoshop!
    Last edited by Tim; 06-03-2007, 06:34 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I might add that much of their heavier duty equipment is custom made by them in their shop located in Noel Missouri. I've been to their location and their great folks. At the time of my visit, They were making the Boxing Rings for TitleBoxing and I got to sample all their speed bag platforms. You can see some of that visit on This page and scroll down to the pictures.

I have the model 400 (that Lori is hitting) on my own wall right now.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• JERSEY KID
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2007

Allan(speedbag),
      on the model 400 I can see that it a fully adjustable hanger, but how and why the counter weights? If I am seeing right. How do they work?

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by JERSEY KID View Post
        Allan(speedbag),
        on the model 400 I can see that it a fully adjustable hanger, but how and why the counter weights? If I am seeing right. How do they work?

If you look closely, you will see there are NO height adjust holes on this unit. the board can be adjusted to any level along the vertical tubing.

The 35 lb. counter weight allows the board to slide easily up and down. Without it, you would have to support the weight of the board and brackets when you loosen the four knobs that tighten to lock it in place. The weight doesn't move when your punching. It just hangs about two inches off the wall.

You don't have to use the weight, It just makes it fingertip easy to move the board. On my unit, I have a table stand under my board, that I set my CD player on when I hit to music. I raise the weight up and set it on the table to take the weight off the wall. When I adjust the board lower for my wife, I let the weight hang, make the adjustment, then after locking the board at the correct level, I put the weight back on the table to put a little slack in the holding wire.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

the 35lb weight also make s nice slip bag....

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
            the 35lb weight also make s nice slip bag....
            lol, i guess after you get bonked on the noggin a few times you'll definitely get good!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...