X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Cleto Reyes

Thinking about buying another quality bag.

Is Cleto Reyes the best all around speed bag?
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Thanks Ventanakaz. I will check out the bags in that section.

What is one of the fastest bags? I like my Ringside NOS bag and my Rival bag.

Comment

• speedball708
      • Apr 2015

I have a 6×9 cleto reyes, it's extremely fast and is nice on the hands. The construction of the bag is immediately noticeable that it's good quality. Only thing is the bladders are not that good. When I got mine I still liked my bags a little soft. And this was my first bag that started loosing air. So I replaced it with the replacement bladder it came with, inflated it still not to hard and put it aside for a couple days to see if it held air. It actually lost air in 1 week. So I inflated it for a second time and then glued the valve closed and put it aside again. It still lost air in 1 week. Liking the bag so much I put a title bladder in and it finally held air. Good thing about the cleto bag is the hole for the valve is bigger so the bladder valve actually goes through a little. On title bags it dosn't and you have to glue them in place. The cleto reyes bag is worth the money, I would just buy a title bladder just in case. It always suck when your favorite bag starts loosing air. There's a lot of crap out there and cleto reyes bags aren't one of them.

Comment

• speedball708
        • Apr 2015

I like the cleto but the loop is so thick it's hard to get it on my ballhook swivel. I have it on diplay with my vintage collection. I've been liking my title bags lately.

Comment

• speedball708
          • Apr 2015

Ok, thanks. That's a good tip.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
            • Apr 2012

Best is a matter of perspective.
            Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

I have a Cleto Reyes 9x6 and it's a great bag, one of my favorites. But if you want one to really hold up to serious bagging I would get the Balazs Lazer 9x6 instead. It's a heavier duty bag and rebounds really well. If you have the money I would get both. I interchange mine quite frequently for the change of pace. Here's a size comparison.

fedora

Comment

• Allentown
                • Oct 2010

Is the Lazer bag faster than the Cleto Reyes? It has been years since I have hit on a Cleto bag.

Comment

• fedora
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2012

Is it faster?? Good question, it's kinda hard to say really, the Lazer bag is heavier on the hands so it may feel slower but I think it is close to the same. My cleto Reyes split a seam after a few weeks, which is unusual from other's experience with it. I took it to a shoe repair shop and they sewed it up for me. The Lazer bag is really well built with a definite edge in quality. Either bag is a great bag and will serve you well.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...